I tried to post this yesterday but for some reason it wouldn't post so here goes again.
The potty training attempt #1 is over for now. She was in panties for half of Wed and all day Thurs and after several accidents and no pee-pee or poo-poo on the actual potty I have decided to try again in a couple weeks. It wasn't all for naught thought as I learned 3 important things to help me at attempt #2.
Lesson Learned #1--She is physically able to control her bladder. She went over 4 hours without an accident and that was even through her nap time.
Lesson Learned #2--Its not upsetting to her to have an accident. She says, "uh-oh. I wet. Change me." She just figured it was no big deal because I would change her immediately. Knowing that I made her wait to be changed after her first accident. (gross I know) But that led to...
Lesson Learned #3--She doesn't like it when I don't change her right away. This will definitely be helpful in my next attempt. Not that I'm gonna let her run around with pee pants on but even just 2 or 3 minutes of being wet will hopefully be motivation enough to not wet her pants.
So we'll try again in a few weeks. I think she still just needs to figure out what it feels like to actually go potty as I think that's what she couldn't quite get yet in this first attempt! In the meantime I'll still put her on the potty to try and I may even get her a little potty so she doesn't have to on the big toilet every time. I've never really used those in the past but for her I think it might work a little better. Its funny how every child is different!!!!
5 comments:
Love it! Good lesson's learned!
ahhhh this has made me hate ptraining again.
also how did you do your blog book so fast? I AM MONTHS slow on those!
Hopefully the lessons learned will help you in your next attempt. At least she doesn't like sitting in her pee pants. Madison would pee her pants and not tell me. I'd find her playing in her room soaked and she didn't care one bit!
Good luck Ju! I have given up for good with Taylor! There is no hope!
Oh man Potty training was my worst fear as a mother. Amazing how you survive it. Good job mom. I bet she is going to do great the next time around.
Post a Comment