Saturday, September 25, 2010

Road Trip...AGAIN!

A few days after we returned home from Canada, the kids and I hopped in the car for a trip to Denver. The purpose of the trip was 4 fold, in no particular order...1. For me to attend Scentsy Convention with LouLou, Lindsay, Erin, Eve (Erin's mom) and Patty (sort of) 2. For baby Savannah's blessing 3. For Ali and Phil's wedding celebration party 4. For funsies!!!!!!

Now, to go off on a tangent, Denver is another one of my happy places. I LOVE to go and hang out with the Brink family. I love to sit outside and watch the kids play, I love the late afternoon rain showers and I love to hang out with people I love. We play games, we watch HILARIOUS family videos and we laugh, and laugh, and laugh some more. Oh yeah, and we eat!!!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I feel so blessed to have married into such a wonderful family. We have so much fun together and love to be together!

So anyways, we arrived in Denver on Wed evening. After meeting baby Savannah for the first time, we ditched the kids with Uncle Matt and Papa and went to our first session of Scentsy convention. Now I'm not gonna lie to you about Scentsy Convention. It was so not my favorite thing and I really only wanted to go so I could get my free loot and get a sneak peek at the fall catalog and products. As far as the workshops and such went I really didn't have much interest in it at all. But I tagged along with my sisters and m.i.l. and ended up a fun time with all of them! And while I'm on the topic of Scentsy Convention, I owe a HUGE HUGE HUGE thank you to Matt and Papa for taking care of my kids!!!!!! It was awesome of them to spend their vacation babysitting!

Thursday morning we headed back out to convention, but Thursday night TJ flew in so he could join in on all the weekend festivities! We sent Papa and Matt and Taylor off to the airport so LouLou, Ali and Phil could go wedding party food shopping, and Lindsay, Erin, Eve and I could take the kids to McDonald's for dinner! When we all returned home from our different places we ate, chatted and Ali and Phil started a game of Monopoly with the kids!!!! Then, after all of us went to bed, Matt and TJ stayed up going through old family videos and oh boy did they find some treasures, that we all watched on Friday night after dinner at Red Robin!

Friday was another day at convention and then dinner at Red Robin (yummmmm) where we had the pleasure of seeing a lady's thong underwear due to her low cute jeans. I didn't happen to get a picture of her pretty silky undies, but Lindsay did! It was actually super funny! After dinner we headed back to the house to chat and hang and watch the awesome family video treasure that TJ and Matt had discovered the night before!

Saturday was a super busy day! The men woke up bright and early to help Lindsay and Colton pack up their truck, as they were in the middle of moving to Utah, and then over to Patty and Greg's to help set up for the party! It really didn't take very long and the backyard looked beautiful after we were finished. It was a super good thing that Erin, aka Orange County Catering was there since LouLou's friend who was supposed to help us with everything had to leave town suddenly! I'm not sure about Loulou and Ali, but I don't know that the decorations would've looked as good without Erin's talent!!!!

Now some of you may be wondering why the wedding celebration was so far out from the actual wedding, but due to the out of the ordinary circumstances surrounding the wedding, they thought it would be best to forego a formal reception and have a rockin, casual party instead. And rockin it was!!!! Super Kenn came to DeeJay so there was dancing, singing, chatting, eating, eating and eating and more dancing! The kids had so much fun and it was great to see old friends and family. Ali and Phil looked just as in love and gooey over each other as they did the day they got married and all in all it was a fantastic night.

Now onto Sunday...we woke up early to attend the blessing of Savannah Emory Smith in Lindsay and Colton's ward. Despite the happy occasion, it was a bittersweet day for them, as it was their last Sunday in their ward before moving, but Colton gave Savannah a beautiful blessing and we were grateful to have been there with everyone. Immediately following the blessing, TJ, the kids and I hopped in the car to drive home! Thankfully it was an uneventful drive home and we arrived safe and sound!

So all in all it was an action packed weekend. It was so fun to all be together though, despite the craziness of 18 people being under the same roof and despite the broken air conditioning! Thanks to LouLou and Papa for letting us come and destroy their house and for all the fun!

Now, enjoy the pictures!

Natalie holding Savannah for the first time

Colton and TJ at the party! What silly boys they are!

Who knows???? But she sure looked beautiful in the dancing dress that LouLou made for her!

Handsome Brady

Besties and Sister-Cousins!

I LOVE this picture of Madison! She looks so grown up and just gorgeous!

This picture just makes me laugh! I love Joshie and wish him a speedy recovery after getting his block practically knocked off in his football game yesterday!

Erin and Daniel! Daniel is seriously one of the cutest kids EVER! He is so animated and cute and sooooooooooooo busy!

Handsome Jackson!

5 comments:

Amy said...

...I"m now taking a huge breath!! What a fun, busy weekend!!

Marilee said...

Looks like you had lots of fun! It makes me miss my Denver to read about it all. Like serious heartache for my Rocky Mountains! Why do I live in California?????

Lindsay said...

Oh man! Reading about the craziness of that weekend still makes me tired! But it sure was super fun!

Ali B. said...

We Brinkerhoff's sure know how to cram a lot of stuff in one weekend!! So excited you get to come again in October!!

Erin said...

Hey now Marilee - California kinda rocks. I mean not this week, but usually. Dude that was a crazy couple of days. I'm with Lindsay - totally tired just reading about it. So glad we were able to all get together though!