Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Brady is a 6 Boy!

Brady celebrated his 6th birthday on August 23rd and for the first time EVER he had a birthday party with friends. I know that that makes me the LAMEST mom ever but that time of year is sooooooooooooo crazy with school starting and I've just never made his birthday party a priority. This year I knew that had to change so Brady invited 10 of his friends for an afternoon of bouncy house bouncing, cake and presents!

He was so cute and so super excited to party with all of his friends. Brady's a pretty enthusiastic kid as it is, but add a party to the excitement of his birthday and he was thrilled! Every present he opened he oooo'd and aaaaaah'd and he loved and enjoyed every minute of his celebration!


The Birthday Cake. We couldn't find a good cake pan for him so we just went basic. Thanks to Auntie Lindsay for helping out with frosting the cake!

Happy Birthday to You!!!

All of his friends getting ready to watch him open his presents.

The Bounce House!

When I booked the bounce house a few weeks prior to his birthday I showed him a small thumbnail picture of what the bouncy would look like. He probably looked at it for maybe 5 seconds. But later he told Uncle Colton that he was going to have a bounce house at his birthday party and that it was shaped like birthday cake, had a slide and candy canes candles on top. Colton asked me if that was really what it looked like or if that's what Brady was hoping it would look like. I told him that it was indeed what it was going to look like, but I wasn't sure if the candles were candy canes. I pulled the picture up on the internet again, and sure enough, the candles in the picture were red and white striped! I just thought it was so funny that he retained so much of the detail even though he only looked at the picture of it for a few seconds. Now, unfortunately this bouncy had blue and white candles, but I don't think Brady even really noticed!

Overall it was a fun time and I'm so glad Brady will have good memories of his first 'friend' birthday party! Along with that, he'll probably also have memories of how it took his lame mother 6 years to plan one!!!!!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

That was a fun day! Brady opening his presents was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time! I think after he opened each one he either said, "Oh my gosh!" or "What the heck?!" Love that boy!

Amy said...

Looks like a fun party!! Happy Belated Birthday, Brady!