Saturday, September 25, 2010

Rewind

So time just keeps getting away from me and before I know it I'm waaaaaaay behind on my blogging again. Now that I've gotten all this crazy private blog stuff figured out, I'm going to rewind and finish up blogging about the summer!


CANADA TRIP--PART #6--WRAP UP!

So our trip to Canada ended with...

Adult Date Night at a golf course, overlooking the gorgeous Canadian Rockies!

Grandad, Steve, and TJ taking Annie, Spencer, Natalie, Tyler and Jackson golfing!!!! They had a blast!

Me waterskiing!!!!! Woo-Hoo!!! I must say that being able to get up on 1 ski again, after about 13 years, was one of the best feelings in the world. Of course I couldn't stay up for as long as I used to be able to, but it was still so fun!!!!! The lake was PERFECT, which is so rare. We used to have to wake up at 5:30 in the morning to get out on the glassy water, but this day the Lake Windermere gods were smiling upon us and gave us glassy water in the middle of the day!

Grandad...65 years young and he's still got it!

Canoeing down the river...so here's a little story for you...First of all, the term lake is actually false when it comes to Lake Windermere. Its actually an opening in the Columbia River (I think). So for YEARS my Dad has had a wish to canoe from where the opening of the lake, down the river about 15 km, to the town of Radium. Well this year he actually did it! And he took along TJ, Steve, Spencer, Annie, Tyler, Natalie, and Jackson. It took them about 3 hours and they had a blast! They all switched back an forth in between a canoe a Kayak and they all agreed it was so hard! Mom, Marilee, Heather and I drove and picked them up at their stopping point to bring them lunch and drive them home, and let me tell you, I have never seen A&W devoured like that before!


So there ya have it folks...another Canadian vacation wrapped up! Looking back I really can't believe how much we jammed in to 1 week...waterskiing, a birthday party for Reece, canoeing, golfing, swimming, Boo the bear! All that plus a little puking here and there, because of course most of us got the stomach flu! As I said earlier, I LOVE going 'home' and I'm so glad I have the chance to build some of the same memories with my kids that I had growing up!


2 comments:

Lindsay said...

You are rockin' that ski! Good job! The kids all looked so cute golfing and after the canoe trip!

Amy said...

Just think of all the memories...and it will never be forgotten like our "puke trip" at Bear Lake...remember!!??