Friday, August 06, 2010

Canada Trip--Part #1--Travelin' Travelin' in Our Car

This summer we had the chance to go home to our Home and Native Land...Canada! It was a trip of epic proportions so I will, once again, have to blog in parts.

We embarked on our 14 hour, 2 day trip to Canada on July 15th. Marilee, her 5 kids, me, my 4 kids and Caitlyn, the travel Nanny hopped in the car and started out on the first leg of our trip. It was an uneventful 8 hours to our overnight stop in Missoula, Montana and just as we did 2 years ago we stopped at a WaterPark Hotel! The kids had a blast going down the waterslides and playing the pool. Marilee and I actually think they might like the hotel better then the final destination of the cabin, but either way its a GREAT way to unwind and get some energy out after a long day in the car!


Mar and Avery. Avery wasn't a huge fan of the water!

Logan

My cute Brady boy!

Marilee made up a game for the kids that they had to come down this slide and make a funny face! The older kids really got into it!!! This is G-man!

Spencer

Nanny

JB

Me and Reecey (not part of the game)


Annie

After the fun in the pool Marilee, Spencer and I ventured out to Target to get Spence some shoes. Can I just say that there are some super interesting people in Missoula! I seriously could people watch there all day long! We encountered a few interesting characters in Target, then at Wendy's! Let me just say...good times!

After a good night sleep we set out for the cabin, so....

Stay tuned for part 2!

5 comments:

Marilee said...

Good times is right!!!

Heather said...

Oh the fun! I am wishing I took some pics of the kids in the car....since we spent so many hours in it! Haha, looks fun, I am sad I missed that water park hotel!

Proud Momma said...

Ok, I have to ask, what do you pay these days for a traveling nanny? It's the best idea around but I've never done it!

Also, waterpark hotels are the BEST when you're travelling crazy hours...nice!

Proud Momma said...

I also meant to say that you'll never have better people watching then what you get in Kingston!

Lindsay said...

Road trips always seem like a good idea but end up making me cranky! Good thing you had a fun hotel to go to for the kiddos. Love the funny slide pics!