Monday night as I was rocking my precious baby girl she looked up at me and said, "my mouf feeling better!" Then she touched my face and said, "mommy be ky-in" (ky-in recently replaced kyn-in for crying) I told her that I was so sorry I let her fall and then she said, "i saw-ey you be sad." OH---she is cute!!!!!
So 4 days after the incident we are both doing better! Her lip was really swollen for Tuesday and yesterday so today is really the first day that you can tell she's missing a tooth. I've spoken with several people who have assured me that it won't be a big deal to fashion some sort of "denture" that will be permanently bonded in her mouth with a replacement tooth therefore, the first item of business when we get home from our Thanksgiving trip is to take her into a pediatric dentist and get that taken care of. I'm sure getting an impression of her teeth will be tricky but she is a rather patient little girl so I'm hopeful that it will go well.
Even though I'm doing better I still get the heebie jeebies and that sick feeling in my stomach when I run the fall through my mind. And really, again, I know this could've been so much worse and I'm so grateful that it wasn't, but it has still been really hard for me! I still feel so bad about it!
I'll be sure to post pictures as soon as her lip has gone down a bit so you can all see Reece's new, albeit temporary, smile!
6 comments:
She is such a sweetie! I think I would have started ky-in if she said that to me!
Things happen, don't beat yourself up about it...aren't kids resiliant? What a cutie pie!
Love her and you! Don't feel so bad, things happen!!!!
Yay for Pediatric Dentists!! Although she'd be so cute if you just let it be! I'm sure you'll feel better once it's all taken care of. She sounds like such a little sweetie.
I love her and I love you!! I know how hard it is when our kids get hurt and we feel responsible. I still get the heebee jeebees when I think about the time the dresser fell on Logan and he was pinned under it for about a half an hour, (just got them all up and down my spine just typing this) and the time he got his hand slammed in the car door on our way to the ward Halloween party. Thank goodness for the Barney Costume and the padded mitten or he'd have no fingers. Is so hard to let go of the guilt! All you can do is be grateful it wasn't worse and know that accidents happen. I Love you!
ps...my cousin is one of the best pediatric dentists in utah county...i can pull a few strings and get you in quickly if you want. he's down in provo...lemmie know. and i wanna see photos of reece's smile soon!
Post a Comment