Monday, November 16, 2009

I know there are worse things...

but I'm extremely upset anyways.

Reece knocked her top front tooth out today.

My heart is hurting.

I can hardly look at her without starting to cry. After all, it was my fault.

She got upset at lunch and she was sticky so I suggested a bath. That always works to cheer her up. I put her in and she had such a fun time playing. Then I got her all washed up and got her out. I wrapped her nice and cozy in her hooded towel and was guiding her out of the bathroom by her shoulders. Without realizing it I stepped on her towel right as she took a step forward. She fell right right through the towel. I couldn't catch her. I wasn't even able to slow the fall down to lessen the impact. She fell right on her face! I'm just sick about it. Everytime I think about it I feel like puking!

So like I said, I know there are worse things but...

8 comments:

Marilee said...

Poor Poor Reecey Roo and Poor Poor Poor Ju Ju Bean! I'm soooo sorry and I know the pain of this will stay with you longer than it will with Reece. Sometimes being a mommy hurts more than we ever imagined! We Love You! PS-I can't wait to find out what the tooth fairy brings! It better be good! :-)

Heather said...

It is ok to be sad. Of course there are worse things, but you can let your heart hurt a little. She will be ok and don't worry before you know it - you'll get her a denture like Heath! LOVES!

Lindsay said...

Poor Reecey! My mom said she talked to her today and she said she was happy so that's good! Hopefully the pain will fade quickly for both of you.

Jeni said...

Oh poor lttle girl! I am soo sorry! Good thing she is adorable and can totally pull off the loss of a tooth!

The Buhrley Bunch said...

That is the saddest story ever. And thanks for "walking" us through the whole experience. It gave me near heart attack just to visualize it. Poor little Reecey!!

Bonnie said...

I'm so sorry.
When Maddie broke her leg last year my heart ached for months. I watched her helplessly and couldn't get to her fast enough to catch her as she fell from the monkey bars...I totally blamed myself for not getting there on time. I understand your pain. I wanted to puke every time a visualized the fall too.

Ali B. said...

Poor thing but I am sure she forgives you and now you need to forgive yourself!! See you next week!

Our family chaos said...

Poor baby. Good thing she will get a new one. I hate when stuff like that happens. You are a good mommy!