So last night we headed to Sandwich, IL to the town fair to see County Singer/Songwriter Phil Vassar in concert. Now normally I wouldn't go to a Phil Vassar concert. Don't get me wrong, I like his music and everything but he's not someone I would HAVE to see live. So why did I go you ask? Well, it turns out that a lady in my ward, Dionne, was really good friend with him back in the day. You see, Dionne was engaged to a guy who owned a night club where Phil and his band used to play. Turns out they were all crushin on each other but Dionne was engaged so nothing ever came of it except a little song written by Phil and recorded by Tim McGraw called "In A Litte While". Yep, Dionne ispired that little tune!So anyways, Brooke, Alaina, Dionne, Michelle, Dionne's neighbor Vivienne and I all headed out to Sandwich to see the show. Let me just tell ya...IT WAS AWESOME!!!! First of all he's a phenomenal performer, I knew way more of his songs then I thought I did and he's really hot in an odd sort of way. Also, we made our way to the very front (we were right up against the stage) where we were entertained by his lead guitarist Jeff, who as it turns out Dionne also knew. I guess they (as in Jeff and Phil) have been playing together forever. They're like childhood friends. Cool! And lastly, I was in the company of some EXTREMELY fun gals! Oh yeah, and we also told some the band guys at the end of the concert that Dionne was there and they got us back stage to meet him! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!
I would like to go into more detail about the evening, but you know what they say..."What happens in Sandwich stays in Sandwich!"
This picture is a wee bit blurry cause I cropped it.
Here's Dionne being very nervous. Notice Brooke in the background screaming her fool head off!
This is Jeff. He was way fun to be standing in front of. And he gave us all a guitar pic, except for me because a big mean girl grabbed it right out of my hand!
Me, Alaina, Jeff, Brooke and Michelle after the concert
Dionne and Phil! Aaaaahhhh! You can't tell me he's not flexing in that picture. Hilarious!
Brooke, Me, Alaina, Phil, Dionne, Jeff, Michelle and Vivienne!
12 comments:
Touching Phil Vasser's abs was another day in paradise!
That looks like so much fun! I would have loved to have been there. I would have been screaming my head off along with you crazy gals! And, you're right, he is TOTALLY flexing in that picture. I had no idea he was so ripped! I wish I could have touched his abs!
What a fun night! It's not every day that you get the backstage hook-up like that. :)
your story is so funny, it totally reminded me of when we all met kasey kahne and were starstruck! how funny! and is there really a placed called Sandwich, IL? yeah, you need to move.
I am totally laughing, well as much as a sick person can! And he was totally flexing in that picture!
Ok...how awesome is that Julie! VERY VERY Cool! You got totally hooked up. Stuff like that never happens to me. My sister in law Jeanette will be sooo jealous...she is a country music star freak. I will have to show her your pictures. (you look awesome btw) And love the "sandwich" comment at the end...LOL, very funny!
P.S. You should've knocked the big mean chick in the face - that was not very nice of her to take YOUR pic!
Fun!!!
That sounded so fun... and I don't even love country music a ton, but I would love getting hooked up like that at a concert! Totally hilarious that he was flexing in that picture. HA!
The pics are so fun to see after hearing the story. You gals are hilarious. And who knew Phil was so buff??
Am I the only one who can't get past the fact that you went to a concert in a city named "sandwich"???
PS It looks like you had a awesome time.
Ok you're way too hot for someone that just had a baby girlfriend! So fun!
Okay so now I'm totally jealous. He's a hot pants (in an odd sort of way as you say) and that flexing picture is HIIII-liarious!!! Love it!! Now I'm going to go listen to Dionne's song. Too bad she missed that train. She could have been the wife of a country star, except then she wouldn't be your friend so never mind!! And Ju, there are some good things about living in "cago", you get to go to concerts in Sandwich!!!
Post a Comment