Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Brady's First Day and the Ribbon Cutting

I'm a little late on this posting but hey, better late then never right? Anyways, last Wed was Brady's first day of pre-school. He was so super excited to go to school and has been asking for weeks when he starts. Finally the day arrived! He loved every minute of it and I think it will be so good for him. He's such a social little boy and so eager to be a big kid like Jackson and Natalie so I think he felt rather awesome that he gets to do a big kid thing.


Here he is at home right before we left.


Walking down the hall to get in the car with his "Light-ming pack-pack"



Trying to get his pack-pack hung up on the hooks. "Is ree-ey heavy mommy." (There was nothing in it)


Waiting for the other kids to arrive whilst playing with Mr. Potato Head. We had to get there a little early to fill out paper work.


Last night was the ribbon cutting ceremony at the kids new school. Natalie was chosen to be one of the ribbon cutters which was very exciting. Here are some pictures from that. Unfortunately the lighting was really really bad for pictures once they actually lined up to cut the actual ribbon. I wish I'd had my other camera there because the pictures would've been better but I worked with what I had. Besides that, TJ got it all on video!

Here she is sitting in the special chairs for the ribbon cutters. There were only 2 from each grade but I have no idea how they chose who would do it.


Here is the principal giving his opening speech. Sorry about the noggin in the way.


Here she is with her scissors ready to cut! When they actually cut the ribbon a bunch of kids jumped up to see so I didn't get a shot of that. But you get the idea right???



That brings us to today. Reecey had her 2 month check-up and boy is she just a little peanut. She is 23 inches long and 10 lbs 8 oz, a full pound less then what Natalie weighed at 2 months a full 5 lbs less then Brady and a full 3 lbs less then Jackson. She also had to get 4 shots and an oral vaccine and boy was she mad. I felt so bad for her! They're so trusting and happy and then all of a sudden...BAM...they're shot with a needle and burning medication...4 TIMES!!! So sad. I know she's totally worn out and traumatized because right now she's K.O.'ed in her bucket and she never sleeps in her bucket. Poor little girl.

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

Brady looks so happy and proud! I love his gigantic backpack, it's so cute! He is getting to be such a big boy. OH MY GOSH, Natalie Rae looks so freakin' beautiful I can't even believe it!!! You should definitely be worried about the boy situation when that little one turns 16, she is seriously so beautiful. How awesome that she got to be part of the ribbon cutting ceremony. That is super cool! And poor Reecey Poo, I hope she feels better!

Erin said...

Brady looks so cute & grown up! How fun for Natalie to be part of that. And poor Reece! At least that's not the day we met her like it was with Brooklyn, thinking Matt upset her!

Heather said...

Brady is so grown up. I love his hair all slicked and combed, he is so dang adorable and you can definitely tell how pleased he is with himself! Natalie of course is so beautiful, I love her. And miss Reecey is so cute. She most certainly has her own look and is perfectly adorable! I can't wait to meet her!!!!!

Kacey said...

Love the "ree-ey heavy comment" - that made me laugh! Brady is a QT!
And I know I've already told you this but Natalie is absolutely GORGEOUS Julie! Wow! I very much agree with Lindsay...TJ's gonna be pulling out the shotgun when that girl turns 16! :-)

Proud Momma said...

That was an awesome post Julie! Your kids are SOOOOOOO cute...I love how you write the exact way that he talks...what a big man! Reecey looks so cute and tired...Taylor's 2 month shots she screamed like a girl...it actually hurt our eardrums!

Ali B. said...

Well no wonder she got picked! They just had to pick the most gorgeous girl in the class and she won!! Brady is very cute too with his backpack!!!

Jocelyn said...

I laughed out loud at the picture of Brady lifting his "pack pack" and then what you wrote! So dang funny! He's super cute and looks like such a big boy going to school. I agree with everyone, I know I've said it before but I just can't get over how beautiful Natalie is. ALL your kids are gorgeous. My favorite today though was for sure that Brady quote. LOL!

angie j. said...

Such great pics Jules. The kids are adorable. And can I just say how much I love Brady?! He's hilarious - makes me laugh every time I see him. Miss you!

Nicole said...

Brady is adorable- but then so are all your kids! I would like to take credit somehow, but I think it's just cuz their parents are hotties! Can't wait to see you and baby Reece!

shannon said...

oh, that pic of reecey looks so yummy...i love her. and i love brady's light-ming pack pack...he's so grown up! nan looks gorgeous as ever, how fun for her to cut the ribbon!