Dear Guilt,
I'm writing to you today because I need to let you go. I've held on for too long. I'm saying goodbye.
Goodbye to you for speaking my mind.
Goodbye to you for the piles of laundry that are surrounding me at this very moment.
Goodbye to you for my house not looking perfect.
Goodbye to you for not blogging.
Goodbye to you for not keeping up on other people's blogs.
Goodbye to you for being impatient with the kids.
Goodbye to you for sleeping in.
Goodbye to you for reading only a few verses from my scriptures instead of a whole chapter.
Goodbye to you for saying my prayers while laying in bed.
Goodbye to you for not attending the temple as often as I should.
Goodbye to you for not wanting to suffer through a 2 hour long little league baseball game.
Goodbye to you for spending too much money sometimes.
Goodbye to you for crashing my diet the day I start.
Goodbye to you for not exercising regularly.
What I'm saying here guilt is that I'm not perfect. Oh, don't get me wrong, its not that these things aren't worthy things that I should be working on because they all are but I refuse to allow you to beat me up anymore when I don't do everything perfectly. If I don't do my best today and you start to creep in then I will kick you out and DO BETTER TOMORROW! I will continue to improve and do better and I think I can do that more effectively without you. So farewell Guilt. Go find someone else to poison!
Sincerely,
Julie
Now with that said...I'll post more tomorrow. If I don't I'll start feeling guilty!
7 comments:
THANK YOU for telling GUILT off for me! I'm feeling the exact same way. I was sitting in church on Sunday, listening to a beautiful talk, and thinking about things I was falling short on (the good ones, like scripture study with the kids, wanting to go back to work, temple attendance, etc.) and I started to CRY for crap sakes....real tears for crap sakes. Brook just looked at me like I was going mental or something. Guilt knows how to get to me too. I hate Guilt. He sucks.
I love this! You are so funny!
May guilt never haunt you, or me, again!
I love this post!! You make me feel normal:) It's funny how similar our lives are.I second almost every guilty feeling you had.
I love this! I need to be more guilt free.
Ooh...I really need to have this exact same post! GOODBYE!
Amen sister! I need to hear that! GOODBYE GUILT! Guilt is such a bad feeling to have.
Post a Comment