Wednesday, April 01, 2009

GAS

My Van STINKS!!!! 

Why you ask???? GAS.  (not that kind of gas you sillies)  Hehehehe.  (sorry, I couldn't resist...childish, I know!) 
So here's what happened.  We've been having trouble with the brakes in my van, which is a whole other story in and of itself.  We had it back in the shop for the THIRD time over the weekend and when I picked it up Monday morning the owner of the shop told me that when he had it out on a test drive he and his co-worker picked up an old lady who had run out of gas and was walking back to her car with a gas can.  The gas spilled in the trunk.  It got on 2 bags of clothes that were gonna be donated to D.I.  It got on a quilt from Pottery Barn and it spilled on a custom made quilted shopping cart cover.  It also got in the carpet.

My Van STINKS!!!!

I tried washing the quilt and shopping cart cover.  I ran 3 loads in the washer then soaked it in the bath tub in baking soda over night.  They still stink.  The gas got into the batting.  Then my washing machine stunk like gas so I ran a load of baking soda and water, then vinegar and water then bleach and water.  So a quick synopsis...the quilt stinks, the cart cover stinks, my washing machine DOESN'T stink but...

My Van STINKS!!!!

I talked to the place where we get our cars detailed.  They said the best thing to do would be to re-carpet the van.  I thought that was crazy so I got online and did a little research.  Lots of people recommended putting coffee grounds over the spill for a few hours and then vacuum them up.  I did that.  It didn't work.  I've left the doors and windows open ALL DAY LONG and put an air sponge neutralizer in the trunk.  It hasn't worked!

My Van STINKS!!!

I spoke with the owner of the shop today and he is going to replace the quilt and shopping cart cover.  And I need to take the car back in to the shop so they can clean the carpets.  He's being very nice about the whole thing and feels bad about it but in the meantime...

My Van STINKS!!!!
 

8 comments:

Proud Momma said...

That's nasty...sorry!

Lindsay said...

I am so sorry your van stinks! Whenever Colton fills up our gas cans, our car smells like gas for a couple of days and that's without it spilling! Sorry about it! But please post the other story that you told me yesterday, it's awesome!

Erin said...

Yucky! At least they're being nice about it...

Amy said...

Haha! That is so sad and funny!! At least the guy is being nice about it and being responsible!! I'm sorry!!

The Buhrley Bunch said...

We bought a car that had cigarette smell in it. We got some contraption from an insurance company which we ran in the car overnight (with the windows and doors sealed). It basically sucked every smell out of it. I'll ask Brook about it.

Mom, Aunt, Grandma Ehat or Lori said...

That's bummer!!!!!

Our family chaos said...

That is so crazy. What a wierd thing to have happen. I would be mad too if My car stunk like Gas. EWWW.

*alysha* said...

maybe a Scentsy Car Candle will do the trick! j/k Sorry your Van Stinks!