Here are a few updates for you all to enjoy!
Update #1

On and off for the last 9 years we've had a high chair in our kitchen. When one baby grew out of it we'd wipe it clean and put it away until the next baby needed it. That era is over in our home. The high chair was disinfected and put away for good on Saturday. Of course we'll be called upon to pull it out from time to time when we have friends, cousins, nieces and nephews visit but our high chair will never be used again by a baby of ours. As TJ said, "I'm so glad the high chair is out of the kitchen even though its kind of sad." And then the epiphany for him came and he said, "Its the end of an era honey!" SAD!
As for Reecey, she feels VERY fancy about her new pink booster seat.
Update #2
My favorite season is Fall into Winter. Then after Christmas is over I could do without winter and go right into Summer. Its not really that I hate the winter I just would rather be warm. Even worse then winter for me, however, is Spring. I HATE Spring. Why you ask? Because one day it looks like this...

(view out my back window on 4/1/09. Global Warming my BUTT!)
and then 5 days later it looks like this...

(same view out my back window today, 4/6/09)
THAT, my friends, is why I HATE Spring.
Ok, ok. In all fairness to the season it really is only EARLY Spring that I dislike. By mid-April/ early-May I feel much better about the season. The weather has kind of regulated itself, the grass is green, flowers are blooming and there are leaves on the trees!
Update #3 (not really an update, just something interesting)
Speaking of Global Warming here is an interesting article TJ read a few weeks ago in a newspaper. Some of you have already read it so I apologize for the repetition!
There recently was the death of a 98-year-old lady named Irena Sendler. During WWII, Irena got permission to work in the Warsaw Ghetto as a Plumbing/Sewer specialist. She had an ulterior motive...She KNEW what the Nazi's plans were for the Jews, (being German).
Irena smuggled infants out in the bottom of her tool box she carried, and she also carried in the back of her truck a Burlap sack, (for larger kids). She also had a dog in the back that she trained to bark when the Nazi soldiers let her in and out of the ghetto. The soldiers, of course, wanted nothing to do with the dog, and the barking covered the kids/infant noises. During her time and course of doing this, she managed to smuggle out and save 2500 kids/infants.
She was caught, an the Nazi's broke both her legs and arms and beat her severely. Irena kept a reord of the names of all the kids she smuggled out and kept them in a glass jar, buried under a tree in her backyard.
After the war, she tried to locate any parents that may have survived to reunite the family. Most, of course, had been gassed. Those kids she helped were placed into foster family homes or adopted.
In 2007 Irena was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize...
She LOST. Al Gore won for doing a slide show on Global Warming.
UPDATE #4
I think this picture of Reecey is cute so I thought I'd share. Besides, some of you have been requesting Reece pictures.

UPDATE #5
Natalie is LOVING violin lessons! Its so fun to hear her improve and she gets so excited when she passes off a scale or song. Now I hate to brag but as Grandpa Christofferson says, "If it happened it ain't braggin" so here I go...her teacher told me she's so impressed with Natalie's musical ability and that she is catching on really fast! Good job Nanny! Keep at it!!!!
ps--I did have a picture of Natalie playing her violin but I just deleted it and don't want to try to put it back up. Sorry!
10 comments:
Love it all! I love how cute and how bug Reecey is! Miss you!
Yippee! Your updates showed up on my google reader which means....you went public again and that makes me happy because now I know when you update! Yipee! VW: OBSTRA. Used in a sentence: I am not longer "obstra" from your blog and can see it updated on google reader!
Congrats on the end of your era. Kind of sad but also the beginning of lots of adventures.
I never saw that Global Warming article so I'm glad you shared it. How interesting. Al Gore is so overly overrated.
I love the moment the highchair leaves the kitchen...a whole new space! I have one that clips onto my counter so I don't really have to deal with that anymore.
Reece is cute as usual! Nice for Natalie to learn violin...something I always wanted to do!
Sad about the high chair! Yeah for Nan! And I hate spring too!
I LOVE SPRING! I think you're crazy. But then again I live in California so my spring is a little different than your spring. How sad about the high chair!
I love spring too- but then I am in Calif. I love driving around and seeing all the roses, lilies, tulips and daffodils in bloom.
We will soon be without a high chair as well again....wierd.
Al Gore is lame. The story of that woman made me choke up. I wonder if I would have that much courage and cleverness.
Great to hear all the updates! It is so funny because you wrote about getting rid of the highchair and Bonnie was just saying she just got rid of Sienna's crib....I can't believe our kids are grown up! I am just getting rid of Avery's crib and dresser this weekend to some friends and it is sort of sad :( Though it is nice to start to get your house back....even if it is in bits and pieces! I could not believe that story on here....I can't stand Al Gore. He is a total scam artist who has totally found a way to make lots of money off of people! It is just too bad that lady wasn't honored being up agains't such a fool. And I totally agree with you on the Spring thing....I actually don't like any of the seasons except summer!!! I really live in the wrong country don't I??!!! We need to move back to Australia!
I feel emotional for you. It's so hard packing up the kids stuff. Your baby is growing up so quickly, oh and she is such a doll!
SPRING - I need to see some green and feel warmth very soon! Isn't Spring supposed to be blossoming and pretty? All I see is brown everywhere! After reading the other posts I would like to move to California.
It is sort of bitter sweet when the baby stuff starts to be put away. I cried when I sold Cali's Crib. What an interesting story about that wonderful woman who saved all thos children. What does it tell you about our world when Someone could be such a hero and nominated for the Nobel peace prize for saving thousands of innocent babies and still loses to Al Gore for dumb global warming.
the kids sound like they are doing great.
Post a Comment