Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Hawaii in a Nutshell...finally
I would like to dedicate this post to those who made my 2 weeks in Hawaii possible. First and foremost to my WONDERFUL hubby who works so hard and makes fun trips like this possible AND who took time off work to take care of the kids while I stayed in paradise. To LouAnne and Lindsay who took care of Reece for us while we were gone and to Torrey who courageously flew out to Utah to pick Reece up and then flew ALONE back to Denver with her. To Mary and Roy who let Reecey hitch a ride home to Utah with them. To Marilee and Adam who invited us to go in the first place and to Mom for giving all of us girls a week off! It was AWESOME!!!!!!
For Thanksgiving we had the chance to go to Hawaii with my sister Marilee and her family, my parents and Marilee's in-laws, Greg and Marjane. We took all the kids but Reecey, who went to Denver with Papa and LouLou! A HUGE HUGE HUGE shout out and thanks you to Lou, Papa and Lindsay who took care of Reecey whilst we were away! Love you guys and thank you thank you thank you! So we were able to spend a week with the fam and then Greg and MJ, the dad's and kids all left and Mar, Mom and I were joined by Heather and Nicole for a lovely, relaxing GIRLS week! So, without further delay here is the photo journal of Hawaii 2008!
EXHAUSTION (notice how Jackson and Natalie are not in any of the following photos. That is because those two can stay up FOREVER!!!! They seriously are the last ones awake when everyone else is asleep. Silly kids!)
AN ADULT NIGHT OUT TO JAMESON'S (we brought along a babysitter named Brigitte from Cardston so that's who the kids were with. You may remember Bridge from the summer cabin pictures. She's the best!)
We had such a fantastic week with the Christofferson's, Millers and Christofferson's. It seriously was a dream come true for me to take my kids to Hawaii and I couldn't have done it without my hard working hubby and my sister who invited us to stay with them at their time share! THANKS A TON GUYS!!!!!!! It was a blast!!!!!!!
POOL TIME
okay, so I'm keeping the commentary to a minimum but this story must be told. We were sitting by the pool on our second day and Nicole sat up and was just kind of looking around. So I asked her what she was doing and she said she was trying to decide if she wanted to get in the pool, or flip over on her tummy, or sit for a while, or lay back the way she was. After thinking about it for a moment I responded that I didn't know what she should do but wasn't it nice that that was the hardest decision she would have to make all day!
BEACH TIME (if you look close you can see a surfer)
FOOD and LAVA FLOWS (I foolishly didn't take any pictures of Lava Flows but we did have them every day! Also, please excuse that fly on the hamburger. I didn't know it was there but I do think its HILARIOUS!)
AND FINALLY...
So that about sums it up.
ALOHA
Posted by
Julie
at
12:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
What a fun, memorable trip for you families! The girlie trip looks so great!! Reecey sounds like she had her own adventure too-what a sweety!!! Happy New Year!!!!
So sweet! How fun for you guys! What island were you on? I can't wait to do that one day!
Glad you had so much fun! Sounds like a great trip and good job with the post! Great pictures!
I LOVED Hawaii but sadly, in my current state of barfingness looking at the pictures makes me want to throw up. SOOOOOOO sad!! But we did have SOOOOOOO MUCH FUN!!!!
How fun! I'm totally jealous. Glad you had fun though.
I think the picture of Heather and Merilee is SO AWESOME! Definately photo contest worthy.
Oh, yeah and I am drooling right now over those Dole-whips.
Yea! I loved it! I'm so glad we went, but it seems like forever ago! I am also extremely jealous that so many people love you and comment, no one ever leaves me comments, well at least not as many as you!
Looks like you guys had a blast! I am dreaming of going back to Hawaii some day. Your Haunama Bay picture brings me back to our near death experience...
I always enjoy reading your blog...looking forward to your Christmas post!
Tell your mom that she looks FABULOUS!!
of course, so jealous. you girls all look so saucy...as usual. love ya!
I can think of nothing that sounds better than Hawaii right now! Looks like you girls had a blast.
I'm glad that you guys had so much fun! I can't wait until we can go with you guys someday!
I want to go back! :)
Looks like you had amazing fun. Your family is so great. I Love Hawaii. It's just a magical place.
Post a Comment