Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Private

Yesterday I watched the first 10 minutes of Oprah and can safely say that I am now scarred for life.  I know many of you tivo Oprah like I do and watch it when you fold laundry, make dinner, etc.  If you have yesterday, Monday September 15th's show recorded I suggest you delete it.  I won't go into detail but the small portion of the show I watched has caused me to take my blog private.  


If you wish to be an approved reader on my blog please email me your google account email at juliebean5@yahoo.com  If you know friends or relatives that check my blog that would like to be approved readers, email their emails and tell me how you know them.  

I don't know how many random people out there look at my blog and the "blog stalking' and finding people you know through other people is fun and entertaining but the whole purpose of starting a blog was for loved ones to be able to stay up to date with our family.  By going private that purpose will still be served and I will have the peace of mind that my children are protected and not out in the middle of cyberspace for every sick sick person to see.

15 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I did not see Oprah... you'll have to tell me what they said. Bummer that you have to go private, but I totally understand. Add my email to your invite list, please!

JulieB said...

I know, I just caught the tail-end of Oprah but I have been thinking about this for a while, which is why I decided to go private as well. I think most people will change their blogs to private eventually because of all the sickos.

Nicole said...

Amy Phelps was telling me she had made her blog private - before the Oprah thing- but for similar reasons. How do you make it private?

Lindsay said...

Please add me, tweedle32@hotmail.com. Should I watch the beginning of Oprah or just skip it all together?

Marilee said...

Add me and you've just pushed me over to go private too! Remember a few months ago when I told you about my friend who went private and that I was going to and you talked me out of it!!! Crazy girl, now you've just talked me into it....sort of since I saw Oprah too. After about 5 minutes I was ready to throw up and turned it off because I don't want to have any part of those images and details she was sharing in my brain. It's gross, despicable and quite frankly makes me wonder why those people are allowed to exist. One thing Oprah said is that they cold prosecute and put these freaks a way for life but they are underfunded and can't afford to go after them. Oh so lets' go after celebrities whith DUI's instead! RIDICULOUS!!!

Bonnie said...

I didn't see Oprah on the 15th. But by your reaction I might just cancel doing a blog all together. I don't think I have many people reading anyways, so if I go private then nobody will see it, except maybe you and Cori. Please add me as a viewer to your blog whelps@telus.net

Charlotte said...

Hey! Please add me.
Ka3ovu@hotmail.com

Shayna said...

I would love to be added to your blog. i can understand going private. i have had many people do it that i know!

Jeni said...

please tell me what happened.

Erin said...

You have my email - please add us. After what you were saying Matt & I are talking about doing that too... Thanks for the info.

Tiffany McGuire said...

Hey Julie,
Add me too, you have my email. I also watched that Oprah. It was horrible to watch. I guess Rich was right all this time not letting me put my kids pics online.

*alysha* said...

Hey add me too. you know where to find me. And I don't watch Oprah so you'll have to fill me in.

Lou Anne said...

Add LouLou

US WEEKLY said...

I know it was about bloody time, I'm so glade that you all STILL check my blog, Now those are true friends! ha ha. you all look great, and like your having fun! I promise to update more!

Cori said...

I didn't watch but I have thought about it before. I definitely want to be added to your blog so I will email you directly and maybe you could send out an email to everyone about how to go private and more info on all of this. Thanks Julie!