Monday, July 30, 2007

2 weeks old...tomorrow

So this last week has been a full week for Reecey. She had her first real bath, which she quite liked the first time, but not so much since then, she had her first tummy ache due to some chocolate that I ate, and she went to her first party! She also got booted out of my room because I can't sleep with her in there with us!
She's doing really well though. She's so cute and cuddly and really loves to be held! Some days I feel like I'll never be able to get anything done once my mom leaves because she loves to be held so much. It seems like she's got her nights figured out and ususally wakes up every 3 1/2-4 hours to eat in the night. So overall we're doing good and adjusting well. Jackson and Natalie love her and Brady loves her occasionally. He mostly just ignores her, which is fine with me because that way I'm less worried about him picking her up or feeding her fruit snacks or something like that.
Jackson started football last week. He had an entire week of conditioning and then tonight he starts the player evaluation in full pads. He also had 3 teeth pulled last week at the dentist. I'll blog all about that after I can get a picture of him in his full pads tonight!
As for Natalie, she's just waiting to start Kindergarten. She's very excited and is looking forward to making new friends and to riding the bus!
So that's about it for us. I have 1 more week with my mom here and then I'm on my own with 4 kids a hubby and a house to take car of. YIKES!!!!!



15 comments:

Lindsay said...

She is so adorable! I don't know if I'm smoking weed, but I kind of think she looks like TJ. Anyone else think that? You will be just fine when your mom leaves, just take it one day at a time.

Lindsay said...

Hey, where are the nursery pics?

Marilee said...

I love her! She is so cute and I wish I was there to hold her while you do the housework! Better yet, I wish you were here, so I could hold her and you could do my housework! That would be ideal :-) Missin' you LOTS and LOTS!!! Give her and all the kiddies loves from Auntie MiMi!

Ali B. said...

I was thinking the same thing as Lindsay that she has a little resemblance to TJ. Can't pinpoint it exactly but something about her. She is very cute!! Her Aunt Ali is anxious to see her!!

Jeni said...

Cute girl! I have been considering getting pregnant but then I remmeber those long nights of waking up every 3 hours to feed... aggggg. I guess they only last for a short while! She is so pretty though! And you look great too!

Proud Momma said...

she is such a sweety...cute cake...who made that one? I love the leg cross...I can't believe Tay was that small once!

Heather said...

She is soooo very cute! I love it. I think the picture of you holding her looks just like some of your baby pics. You may get one that looks like you!
I love and miss you.

Evie B. said...

I've been anxiously checking every day for more pics - she's adorable! And you look amazing!

Kacey said...

Congrats Julie! So you had your baby and I didn't even know.:-) I really need to catch onto this blog thing. I got Heather's blog the other day and it had links to lots of others in the fam. Hope no one minds but I've been checking them all out. Love your posts..I was reading them to catch up. You totally make me laugh. I just love your perspective and sense of humor Julie. I'll be visiting them more often. (hopefully get one going soon!) Congrats again on baby Reese (LOVE the name, too)...she is adorable. Love, KCP (it's Kacey btw)

Nicole said...

Marin, Ben and I just lokked at Reece's pictures- she is cute! I have been watching Reece Witherspoon movies all week- in honor of my new niece. Love you lots!

Erin said...

How cute is she! I think it's funny that Brady is a little indifferent to her - you could almost see it coming! I'm sure that you'll do fine with all of them, just may take a little time to adjust. We can't wait to see her!

angie j. said...

She's so cute Jules. And so tiny still! Love the wrinkles. I'm starting to think she looks a bit like you. Maybe?? Loves.

Jocelyn said...

She is a little doll. Her wrinkles on her forehead are so cute. I can't believe how tiny she is, and I love cuddly babies that just want to be held.

Heather Palmer said...

Ok so you look amazing so I hate you for that. Thanks for sharing the pictures - she is truly adorable. I can't believe it's been 2 weeks! You are an old pro so you'll do great when your mom leaves...but it's so nice to have the help isn't it? By the way...I totally laughed when you were talking about cutesie about her bath, etc and then finished it off with "booting" her out of your room. It gave me a good laugh, funny or not.

Anonymous said...

Mary says, "What a cutie! Congratulations! Beautiful blogs, keep up the good work! I'll ski a run for you, I am a 55 year old grandma ya know! But I still got it!"

John says, "Congrats! You guys are so lucky! Good luck and keep the pics coming! I'll do a 360 jump over the wake in your honor, oh wait, all I can do is a 90 jump and biff it on the landing!"