Saturday, July 21, 2007

Getting Aquainted and Working out the Kinks!!!!

I think most of you know already, but for those who don't we had a beautiful baby girl on Tuesday July 17th. She was born at 2:19 p.m. and weighed in at a little 6 lbs 10 oz and is 18 inches long. Her name is Reece Annelynn Brinkerhoff and she is already a joy!

A lot of you have asked how my labor went. It went very well! My mom, TJ and I arrived at the hospital at 7:45, they had me on pitocin at 8:45, broke my water at about 10:15 and we were surprised by my mother-in-law LouAnne at about 11:00, right after I got my epidural! : ) She had told us she wasn't going to be able to come out for the birth, but she was totally conspiring with Brooke and my Mom to surprise us! It was awesome and so fun to have her there with us! A HUGE shout-out to her for making the quick trip and a HUGE shout-out to Brooke for picking her up from the airport...you sneaky little ladies!

Anyways, after breaking my water and turning up the "pit" a couple of times I progressed very quickly and went from a 5 to a 10 in about 30 minutes. We waited another 20-30 minutes for my doctor who was in a C-section, and after 2 1/2 pushes Reece was born! Its so funny because you always wonder what your unborn child will look like and when I saw her cute little face I knew immediately she belonged to me and TJ. She looked just like our other kids! At first we thought she most looked like Natalie, but as her swelling goes down we're thinking she looks most like Brady.

Those who have had babies know the challenges that come along with it and Reece and I are becoming aquainted and figuring each other out more and more each day. She's been doing pretty well at night, but last night was pretty rough as she was up for 3 hours with what I think was a tummy ache. She then had a little bit of a fussy afternoon today, but seems to be doing well right now. Hopefully tonight will go better. : )

WISH ME LUCK!

18 comments:

Ali B. said...

She is very cute!! I need to plan a weekend to come see her in the near future:) Congratulations!!

Miller Time said...

Julie she is adorable and again congrats.

angie j. said...

Luck? Who needs luck when you're already a pro? She's so sweet Julie. And she's got a great tan!! Love you lots.

Evie B. said...

Yay! Congratulations!!!! She is absolutely beautiful and I love her name! :)

Jeni said...

SHe is so sweet! I love newborns! They are so tiny and sweet! I am so happy for you guys!

Heather said...

She is super cute and I definitely agree with the Brady thing, but more dainty! At least we hope, HeeHee. I hope you keep having good nights. When you are up this week during your night feedings think of me, I'll be up thinking of you! Heaven knows I don't sleep well in a tent!

Lindsay said...

She is so pretty! I still think she looks like Brady, but what do I know! Good luck on the getting to know each other thing. I still feel sometimes like me and Brookie and trying to figure each other out. I hope your nights get better, good luck!

Marilee said...

She is sooooooooo cute and her Auntie MiMi loves her!!

Jocelyn said...

She is an absolute doll! I agree with Angie, who needs luck... you're a pro, I'm sure!

shannon said...

yup, i just love her already. and you are totally a pro at the whole thing...i remember eating pancakes on a stick right after you had brady and you just started nursing him there under the blanket and i was SO IMPRESSED! i hope you can get some more sleep in the next few weeks! love you!!!

Heather Palmer said...

She is soooo sooo sweet! I'm glad things are going well....and I hope her tummy ache doesn't come back!! I swear my kids lived on Oval. Love those Canadian drugs. Anyway...you are making me SUPER baby hungry!!!

Cori said...

Julie, she is beautiful!! You honestly make motherhood look so easy! 4 kids, wow, you are a trooper!! Congrats on little Reece...love her name by the way!! Lots of love!

Proud Momma said...

Awesome Ju...she is so pretty...love little girls! So does 4 feel like an add on? I keep hearing people say that 3 is no big deal after 2 but I STRONGLY disagree...what about 4?

Bonnie said...

They say that when you have a boy and a girl you have the million dollar family...does this mean that you have the billion dollar family? Your children are so beautiful!

Kendra said...

She is so cute and I love the name!! I wish I was done with the birthing process. Well, really I wish I had a house first. Congratulations!! She is beautiful!

Katie Hornberger said...

Aren't you so glad to be done? And lucky to even things up with a girl. I was so glad my last was a girl! My sister Becky had baby #5 today (Jul. 26). A baby boy, but not so little: 9 lbs. 9 oz. & 23". We decided we like them little cuz they last longer. Enjoy your baby! Mine is already 15 mths. & looks more like a little girl than a baby :(

Marilee said...

Where are some new pictures?

Joy H said...

Congratulations; she's is beautiful!