I'm excited today as I blog because my posting is about Natalie. I feel bad for Natalie sometimes as she kind of gets lost in the shuffle of life...you know the middle child syndrome. Anyways, today's post is all about my Rae because she learned how to ride her bike without training wheels today.
We got her a real bike with training wheels back in the spring and after she'd had it for like a week Jackson's friend sat on it and bent one of the training wheels. Then a couple weeks after that Jackson sat on it and bent the other one! That made it so the training wheels were still on, but not very functional as far as stabilizing her as she rode. They helped on corners and if she lost her balance but she was pretty much riding it as a two-wheeler all summer long.
Well today she wanted to go to her friend's house up the street but she wasn't sure which house it was so I told her I'd walk her up there. She hopped on her bike and away she went without wobbling or anything. As soon as I saw how balanced she was I told her to wait and I got TJ to come and watch her. I wish I had a picture/video of what it looked like but TJ came out and saw her riding her bike with training wheels and started laughing so hard because it was so funny that they were bent all weird and she wasn't even using them. So he took them off, she nervously hopped on again and off she went--no problem--on a 2 wheeler! She's so proud of herself and I'm so proud of her! I got video that I'd like to post but I don't have the right cord to hook it up to my computer so here are a few pictures instead!
Here are the kids waiting while Daddy took the training wheels off.
Her first ride around the cul-de-sac
And here she is after riding around the cul-de-sac a few times!
8 comments:
Good job Nannie Rae! You look so big and brave. Love Auntie Shannon
Yeah Nannie! What a girl, tell her we love her!
That is exactly how Spencer learned to ride! He taught himself in our basement (before it was finished)and we didn't even know. One day we were down watching the kids play and noticed. Anyway, Yeah for Rae!!! Good job!
This is exactly how Angie used to ride her bike! Ask her - we totally have video...
How exciting! She looks awfully proud in the pictures - go Natalie!
Nannie Rae is the coolest! Way to go for it!
How fun for Natalie! She looks like a pro already!
Yeah! Marin ihas been asking as well- I'll have to show her Rae's pics to give her some courage!
Post a Comment