Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Jackson-O-Lantern


For those who haven't heard Jackson lost his first top tooth this past Sunday at church. He had been wiggling it so hard and it was so ready to fall out that the Primary President brought him into me in Nursery so I could help him out. The nursery kids found it fascinating, and it was a very welcome distraction for all of them. He wouldn't let me touch it but tried a couple of times to pull it out himself but he wasn't pulling hard enough, and he was kind of on the spot because all 16 nursery kids were staring at him, mouths open, fascinated that the big boy's tooth was going to fall out. So I went and found Urlene, my friend who has 2 grown daughters and was the neighborhood tooth puller when she lived in AZ. So we all went into the kitchen, she got a hold of it and yanked it out! I told Jackson he's lucky because he looks like a Jack-o-lantern just in time for Halloween.

8 comments:

Marilee said...

I LOVE a good REAL LIFE Jack-o-lantern!! Especially the kind named "JACK"!! That makes it even more real! Annie lost her bottom side tooth last week. One of her top ones is wiggly and I keep telling her to wiggle it lots and lots so it will be out for Halloween! She's trying!

Lindsay said...

Jackson is so cute! I'm so proud of him for being brave. I tried to pull Josh's tooth out the other night for him and he was freaking out! He finally did it himself. But Jack sure does have an awesome Jack-o-lantern smile!

Heather said...

Wow, I can't believe he is toothless. What a cutie, smother him in kisses for me!

Ali B. said...

Jackson told me had lost his tooth on my birthday and also that he couldn't get his touchdown pass out of his head! It must have been pretty awesome!!!

Erin said...

A Jack-O-Lantern just in time for Halloween! You can't plan better than that! Rock on to the kid for letting people yank on his tooth though. I'd be freaking out and telling everyone to get their freakin fingers outta my mouth! I agree with Lindsay - awesome smile!

shannon said...

Cute picture, I love his toothless grin!

Nicole said...

A real life Jack- O Lantern! HOw cool is that?

Jocelyn said...

Wow, perfect timing for Halloween! That picture is so cool!