Today I had lunch with one of my bestest, dearest, oldest friends. Not oldest, like she's old, but oldest like we've been friends for half our lives! This friend has been through an extremely difficult time over the last year and during our lunch together we got talking about perspective and gratitude. It was a good reminder to me of how grateful I am for the blessings I have!
I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ
I am grateful for my husband who works so hard to provide for us
I am grateful for my children who are healthy and happy and thriving
I am grateful that I am physically, mentally, emotionally and financially able to be a stay-at-home mom
I am grateful for the roof over my head and the food in my pantry and the clothes on my back
I am grateful for a fun, supportive and loving extended family
I am grateful for the country that I live in and the freedoms which we enjoy
I am grateful for AWESOME friends who remind me that I am one blessed girl!
There are days and times that I take my blessings for granted, or whine and complain about things that are of little consequence. I hope that each and every day I will be able to remember to be grateful!
"[The] things which provide deep and lasting happiness and gratitude are the things which money cannot buy: our families, the gospel, good friends, our health, our abilities, the love we receive from those around us. Unfortunately, these are some of the things we allow ourselves to take for granted." --President Thomas S. Monson
6 comments:
Thanks for helping me put things into perspective just from reading your blog
Needed that one girl :-)
Thanks for the reminder. Definitely haven't been counting my blessings lately and I've decided that I need to write some down everyday.
Being a stay at home mommy is the best. I love it and hope I get to stay home with my kids forever!! Can't miss out on these younger years, ya know??
Very sweet post. i am greatful for you!
LOVE this! Thanks for sharing! Torri (from Bunco) is blogging about things she's grateful for for the next 100 days...I told her I was going to follow suit...
Thanks for sharing your thoughts too! Love you!
I feel you! I am not nearly as grateful as I should be. I need to work on that as I have a ton to be grateful for everyday!
amen sista! I am also grateful for you!!!!
Post a Comment