So I know Marilee's going to comment that Grandpa Paul (Adam's Grandpa) says that if it happened it ain't bragging, but I sometimes still feel bad tooting my own horn, or the horn of my kids as the case may be.
Now with that said, I must say that nothing makes me happier then seeing my kids succeed. Whether its a violin recital, an 'A' in math or success in sports, I LOVE seeing my kids do well at something they have worked hard at. Not only is it fun for them and for me, but it teaches them that we reap what we sow. If you practice your violin, you'll do well at your recital. If you work hard in Math, then you'll get an 'A'. You see what I mean?
So with that in mind its time to brag! In Jackson's football game on Saturday he got to play QB for a few plays. After 2 fumbled snaps on the goal line (yikes...that does not bring me joy) he threw a touchdown pass!!!! Then, on the next offensive series, he was in as the tight end and he caught a touchdown pass! After the game I said to him, "You can throw touchdowns, you can catch touchdowns! Good job Buddy." He responded, in Jackson's oh so humble (sense the sarcasm) way, "Pretty soon I'll be throwing touchdowns to myself!"
It just makes me so happy when my kids succeed! In this case, Jackson has worked so hard! He goes to practice where he works his butt off, he studies his plays, and he plays hard in his games. Its great that he can help his team win, build his confidence and improve on his skills all while doing something he LOVES!!!!
7 comments:
My favorite was after the first fumbled snap when you yelled, "JACKSON BRINKERHOFF!" Soooo funny! I can't decide which was more awesome, the catch or the pass, they were both pretty sweet! And I like the bragging, otherwise nobody would know what happened, unless they were there, like me!
I agree, watching children succeed is the BEST!! Good job Jackson!!!
Nan told me the story and we got a good chuckle out of that one! Yeah Jack!!
I say toot toot! Jackson rocked and you should be proud of him. And yes oh so humble. That's totally something any one of the adult males in this family would say. Except maybe Torrey who would give us all the detailed explanation of why that could or could not happen- like all the imaginary lines!
You have such great kids!
Woot, woot!! Awesome, Jackson!! Can't wait to come to your championship game this year!! (Better let me know, Jules!)
Jackson's comment = HILARIOUS!!! I think a sense of humor is something to celebrate in kids too because that's something you can enjoy together for the rest of your life!
You have great kids and you are a GREAT mom! You work really hard everyday to help your kids become good people.
I don't think there is anything wrong with feeling good about your kid's accomplishments when they (and YOU) have worked hard to accomplish the task at hand. It is nice to share those accomplishments with others and your blog is a great place to do it---especially for those of us that aren't there everyday to enjoy it with you.
Keep up the good work!! (And it is WORK, ya know what I mean?)
We miss you!!
Post a Comment