Thursday, April 22, 2010

Since the Last Post

It seems like its been a crazy week since I posted last Saturday. Here's a rundown of what we've been up to!


Sunday was Stake Conference, which was a treat because that meant church started at 10 instead of 1. So we had the whole afternoon to relax and veg! And relax and veg we did! TJ and I had a nap while the kids played and watched TV. We got up, ate dinner and it was so gorgeous out that we went to the park near our house. There were tons of other families there so it was fun for the kids to play and the adults visit! It was a fabulous Sunday!!!!!

Monday was a crazy/weird day. It started as I was on my way to the gym and I saw a woman driving her kids to school, on a main road mind you, with her 2 little kids sitting together in the front seat? WHAT??? People are stupid!

After the gym I headed over to Reece's swimming lesson. She having private lessons from a lady who teaches kids to swim as early as 6 months. The lesson was extremely traumatic for Reecey, which I had expected, but after her lesson she just wasn't herself. She was lethargic, falling in and out of sleep, irritable, moody and she wasn't eating. In the afternoon I went into her room and found her laying on the ottoman of the glider with tears streaming down her chubby little face. So of course I was concerned because a few years back Oprah (of course Oprah, right?) did a show on Dry/Delayed Drowing so of course I was expecting Reece to go to sleep and not wake up because she had aspirated water during her lesson. So when the kids got home from school we walked to the park to see if I could Reece acting normal again. She played for about 15 minutes and then wanted to sit with me the whole time. Then Brady got stung by a wasp, twice so we packed it up and headed home. When I got home a decided to call her swim instructor to get her take on the situation. When she called back she said that she didn't think Reece's lesson was out of the ordinary for a first lesson but if I was super concerned I should take her to a dr. Since I just couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong I decided to trek down to the Dr's office just for peace of mind. Well, as it turned out she had a virus. hahahahaha! Very poor timing with the swimming lesson! So my mother's instinct told me something was wrong and it was sort of right. Needless to say, swimming for Reece was cancelled for the rest of the week. We start up again on Monday and I'm hoping it goes well!
On my way home from the Dr's office, and lets be honest, In N Out burger for dinner, I saw a woman on rollerblades with her brand new tiny baby strapped in a baby bjorn on the front of her. WHAT??????? Totally idiotic!!!!!!

Now to backtrack a bit, earlier in the day Brady, Reece and I were very nearly killed in a car wreck. At a pretty busy intersection a guy blew through his red light and came within inches of hitting me. I was so grateful that as I was passing through the intersection on a green light that I looked and saw that he was coming and wasn't slowing down! I laid on my horn and I still don't think the guy realized I was there, as he was much too busy picking his teeth in his rear view mirror! Seriously people, if I hadn't been blessed with a clear mind the guy would've t-boned my van right where Brady sits and Brady FOR SURE would've been killed. If Reece and I weren't killed we would've been very seriously hurt. As soon as I got home I sat in my garage and said a prayer of thanks for my presence of mind to see the guy and be able to stop in time! Thinking about what could've happened still makes me sick to my stomach!

So Tuesday dawned bright and beautiful again...dare I say spring is here? I headed down to the mall to do a little clothes shopping for my kids. Then I met a friend for lunch at Chili's (yum) and after that I headed home to get ready for the cub scout Pinewood Derby. TJ's mom had overnighted us a Derby car, which is a story in and of itself. The car was actually TJ's when he was 10 and so when I got it I replaced the wheels that LouLou had put on and crossed my fingers that it would be competitive. Thankfully it was for the first few rounds but then the wheel broke and it just wasn't the same after that, even though I fixed it as best I could. Jack was a bit disappointed that he didn't win the whole thing but I told him it was a moral victory that the car had even been competitive!

Yesterday I stayed home all day and had a playdate with my bff Shannon. She brought lunch to my house and we chatted while she made hair bows for my girls. Shannon is super super super talented. To see her creations go here. Our kids played wonderfully and it was a fun afternoon! Thanks Shanny! Love ya!

Today I headed out to the gym and now I'm just catching up on blogging and household chores. I'm resting up for a big night tonight cause we're going to the Daughtry/Lifehouse concert with our friends so that'll be super super fun!!!!! I kind of feel like we might be getting a little too old for a rock concert but oh well!!!!!!

As for the weekend, I'm hoping it'll be pretty low key. We've got 2 soccer games on Saturday and that's about it!

So there's the update of my week. Sorry its kinda long but it is for posterity so deal! : )

6 comments:

Heather said...

Love it! You have been busy.

Lindsay said...

Good job on following your mama intuition, I would have been suspiscious about the dry drowning possibility also. I am so glad that you guys weren't in a fatal accident, that is so scary!

Unknown said...

DId Brady really get stung twice? crazy! poor kid!

Good job Natalie on the V!

Nicole said...

I love the long blog- what a crazy week. I keep thinking I need to do what one day is like just for posterity since we are always so crazy. I hope Reece is feeling better and that she learns to like swimming:) Also, I am beyond grateful you weren't hurt in the car!!!!

Marilee said...

I have to say this on your blog comments because if I say it outloud to you...well...I don't think I'd actually be able to get the words out. I'm already crying and I haven't even typed what I want to say yet.... So, ever since you told me about that near fatal accident I can't stop thinking about it! I've said numerous prayers all week thanking Heavenly Father that you were so aware of your surrounding that day. I honestly cannot even imagine a day without knowing you and your sweet children were a simple phone call away! You are the bestest baby sister a girl could ask for. It just made me think about how quickly it can all be taken away and I'm grateful that on that day you were kept safe! Angels were definitely with you! I love you so much! I'm glad you are safe! I'm glad Reecey is okay from her sickness and swimming trauma,I'm sad Brady got stung twice, I'm glad you got to spend a day with Shanny and I'm glad you wrote it all down for posterity! LOVE YOU!!

Our family chaos said...

Wow! I can't believe all that happend. Glad little Reecey was o.k. I am also so glad you guys were not killed by an idiot in a truck! There is nooo way you are too old for a rock concert! I still really love them and I am cool.LOL (j/k).