On the 100th day of school Natalie was asked to write a paragraph about what she would do if she had $100. This is what she wrote.
"If I had one hundred dollars I would buy two ticket on a airplane to Hawaii. For me and my mom because we love Hawaii. And I could get to know my mom better."
If that just isn't the cutest sweetest thing ever!
But it got me thinking...the perspective of a child is so eye opening. As Natalie's mother I know her inside and out. I carried her, gave birth to her and took care of her every moment from the time she was born. I know her better then she knows herself. However, until this little paragraph I never thought that this "knowing each other well" street was a one way thing. I just thought since I know her as well as I do that she knows me that well too. But obviously that isn't the case! She wants to get to know me better and its my job to help her do that.
Amazing that 1 small writing assignment in 2nd grade gave me such a huge insight to the mind and heart of my cute girl! I just love her and am so grateful for her and so blessed to have her as my daughter!
It also got me thinking...if only 2 plane tickets to Hawaii were only $100!
8 comments:
What a sweet girl! I would love to go to Hawaii with Natalie, too!
She is so cute and sweet! I love her. That is funny because I also thought wow, wouldn't that be great to get to Hawaii for that cheap.
That is so cute! Are you going to plan some fun mommy/daughter time so that she can get to know you better?
What a sweet little girl. She has just taught all of us mother's something. I think I'll take some time to let my daughter's know all about me.
Wouldn't that be nice! Love her! You have a special daughter!
I love Natalie too! She is a sweetie pie!!! When do you want to go on our trip? Marin is already starting to plan her 9 year old trip...New York? Hawaii? other ideas? I wish it were $100 too!!
Hey, we're coming through Utah next week...when is a good time to hang?
That is the cutest thing ever! What a sweet girl. If you can get 2 tickets to Hawaii for $100 let me know..I will come with you guys!LOL
Post a Comment