I can't believe its already the middle of May. Spring has flown by and summer is almost here! I'm so excited for summer! This time of year I get so lazy with my kids homework, schedules, reading, school lunches. I'm just ready to fly by the seat of my pants for a few months and throw away the daily routine
So what have I been up to in May? Well to sum up, you know when you feel really busy but you don't really know what you've been doing? That kind of busy HASN'T been my May. I've been busy and I know what I've been doing!
May started off with a visit from my nephew Logan. My sister Marilee was here for a girls trip with her friends and she brought Logan to my house to stay with me for a few days. He and Brady had so much fun together and he was so easy to have. Love that kid. He is seriously so funny! TJ was out of town that week so it was kind of hectic BUT my mom was in town so that helped a TON!!!!! She rocks!
Then this past week my Ang came to visit from North Carolina. Her brother-in-law was getting married so she came for that and stayed with me. It was so much fun to see her and her darling little munchkins. We got together with Shannon and of course we ate a ton, talked a ton, laughed a ton and had an awesome time. I feel so blessed to have such good friends. I've known Angie for 17 years and I've known Shannon for 13 years. These 2 girls are the best friends a girl could have and I'm so grateful to both of them for their love and examples to me. We have so much fun together and no one can make me laugh like them. I love them dearly and am so glad we got to play! We always joke that we will be best friends forever because we all know too much about each other, but serioulsy, there is just such comfort in being with the people that know everything about you and love you in spite of all those things!
In between all of this we've been having fun with Natalie's soccer games and Jackson's baseball games. Jack is playing on a Highland City team this year and on a Super League team so we have about 4 games a week. This past Saturday was a PERFECT day for baseball and so we enjoyed being outside and soaking in the sun. Natalie's soccer team is doing well. She is just so fun to watch and she is having a blast! Her violin is going well too. She passed off her 6 (I think ) Twinkle Twinkle Little Star variations and is on to the next song. She loves playing and isn't shy about doing impromptu concerts for those who want to hear her play. Its really fun to see her improve!
I've also been having a great time with my calling in Young Women. I know most leaders say this cause they have to but I really feel like we have exceptional Young Women in our ward. They're smart, strong, beautiful girls and I LOVE LOVE LOVE working with them. They make me laugh!!!!
And last, but not least, I have had the opportunity to participate in a production of "The Ten Virgins." I don't know that I knew what I was getting myself into when I said I would be in it because its been very time consuming but its been extremely uplifting! Its caused me to think about the 5 "foolish" women differently then I did before. I used to think that they were just dumb, "bad" women but really they were you and me. They didn't want to run out of oil and they didn't even mean to run out of oil. They just allowed life to get away from them and it happened. How often are we guilty of that? We're too busy, too tired, we think we have more time to prepare...I see myself in each of the characters in the production, ESPECIALLY the foolish ones, and its been very eye opening. We perform it this Thursday evening at enrichment and I hope it all goes well.
On a totally different note the Denver Nuggets play again tonight! Go Nuggets!!!!!!
8 comments:
you're right we do know everything about each other and love each other despite it all!! thanks again for opening your home to us. it was so great to be with you. mari was missing natalie today...
You certainly are busy busy busy! Thanks for taking on Logan. He is still talking about how much fun he had at his "sleepover" with his best friend/cousin Brady! Love You!
Wow, busy is right! And you still have time to chat with me on the phone. You are amazing!!! LOVES!
That does sound busy. Sounds like a lot of fun though too! I'm so excited to see the kiddos in just a few weeks!
YAY!!! I found your cute blog!!!! Now we can keep up to date on each others fams. Your kids are SO grown up !!! Still just as adorable :)
Wow you have been busy. You are amazing! i wish I had all that energy:)
You are so lucky to have such great friends, and so close! I am jeleous!
oh my whoolie whooer...love your guts to pieces (and angie's too!). and i'm glad you love my guts too, even though they weigh a whole lot more than yours do. such a fun weekend, can't wait till we visit ang this fall!!!
Post a Comment