I have piles of laundry all over my house. The older 3 kids are at school and Reecey is sleeping. There won't be another opportunity such as this to fold laundry again today. So what am I doing? I'm blogging. I just read some blogs, now I'm blogging myself, and I'll probably read some more blogs after I'm done posting. Anything but laundry!
So what's up with me and mine? Not much. Seems things are very boring. Let's see though if I can come up with anything blog worthy...mmmm...let me think...nope nothing! But for posterity sake let me recap the last few weeks.
My mom has been here getting her house all ready to live in. They're not going to be living there full time anytime soon but it will be a lovely place for her and my dad to stay in while they're visiting. Not that I don't like them staying with me but maybe they do? Anyways, she was here for about 2 weeks and left right before Valentine's Day. It was fun to help her with her house and she's far from done so I guess we'll continue to have fun on her next few visits.
Valentine's Day is never really a big deal at our house so we didn't do anything too exciting. We took our kids to Red Robin and came home and watched re-runs of Friends. Good times.
I've been trying to work out on a daily basis but I'm pretty ticked off cause I've gained 3 lbs. Yep! 3 lbs. Grrrrrrrrr. If only I didn't love food so much...
This past weekend I had the chance to attend our Stake's Youth Conference. We got to attend the Draper Temple open house, which was beautiful, and then we did a service project and cleaned church buildings in our area. And when I say cleaned I mean CLEANED. We did the deep cleaning stuff that rarely gets done. In fact we may be featured in the New Era! My group was assigned the trash cans so we disinfected inside and out. YUCK! It was fun though because I love my girls. They're so happy and fun and outgoing and make me laugh! I kept telling them that we were gonna get extra blessings cause we had the grossest job. Do you think you actually get the extra blessings if you think you will? Probably not! But anyways, Saturday night I went to a little of the dance and that was kind of surreal! I haven't stepped foot into a youth dance since I was a youth and it was a riot to see all the kids out there dancing and being crazy. The dancing style really hasn't changed that much since I was that age. I guess some things stay the same! And how weird is it that I know I should act my age but I don't cause I feel like I'm still 16. There's all these other chaperones standing around looking all serious and then me and some other YW leaders from my ward are dancing like idiots. Seriously. Like when am I gonna grow up? Its shocking they even let me be a Youth leader! Not that there's anything wrong with breakin' it down to boogie but I'm sure I look like that biggest loser! Whatever...it was fun!
Other then those mentionable events my days have been filled with school, homework, driving the kids to various activities, changing diapers, cleaning, basketball (Jackson, not me) hanging with TJ, hanging out with friends, playing the piano (I got one!) and laundry.
Speaking of laundry I'd better get folding! But one more thing. I have a quick Brady story. Our conversation was as follows after church this past Sunday.
Brady: mom, there's a new student in my primary class
Jackson: is it a boy or girl?
Brady: A girl.
Mom: That's fun. Its always nice to make new friends. What's her name?
Brady: I don't know. But she was wearing a pretty dress!
Cute right?
15 comments:
At least your laundry is washed and ready to be folded. Mine hasn't even made it to the wash yet..and here I am commenting on your blog. Crap.
I like your update. Glad to see someone else living the same old same old every day mommy life. I hear yah about the work out and still gain 3 pounds. I swear there's a switch in our bodies that automatically turns on the day we turn 30 that makes keeping the weight off extremely difficult. Urghhhhh...
You are so silly! A couple of years ago I would have had anxiety about not folding my laundry as soon as it was dry. I try to get to asap, but it doesn't always happen that way and I've learned to deal with it. Good job just chillin', you probably needed some good chill time instead of folding time. As for the working out and weight gain, I feel you dawg! It totally sucks! I would have danced with you at the dance and I don't know if you get blessings if you are expecing them. Good Brady story, he is a hoot!
Love yous update! I know you told me that story about Brady, but it is cute and he is cute and I love him. As Kendra would say, "Give him a big squeeze for me!!"
Yay I'm glad you're back! That is such a cute story about Brady...little boys are so cute!
I kind of made me miss the dances a little when you said you had to break it down and boogy a little...ok when I say miss them a little...I mean teency weency...ok I don't really miss them, but I miss dancing! ha
Julie, the 3 lbs are all due to those blasted Cadbury Eggs!!! LOL
This is totally random and not at all related to this post. I had a full on dream that you and I and all our kids were on a road trip last night in a HUGE black suburban. It was so weird. :)
My BRADY is VERY cute! Love Him! And I'm with you on the laundry! No matter what I'm doing, or where I am, there is ALWAYS laundry to be done! LOVE YOU!
Your conversation with Brady was cute. I hear you on the laundry thing it NEVER ends.
I like it when you have nothing to blog about!
What you don't relise is that those 3 lbs are the muscle you are now gaining. At the beginning, it's added collectivly with the fat (of which I don't think you are or am in anyway implying that you even have fat) but as you keep it up it will soon take replace the fat and you'll have only nicely toned muscles. Plus, muscle weighs more than fat.
V-day wasn't a big deal for us either. The more casual the better the memories, right?
Good to see the everyday side. I think with blogging, I always wait for a spectacular event in order to post something...
Yep, still waiting.
Love ya sista-cuz!
Julie, Thanks for FINALLY inviting us onto your blog. I'll immediatley quit the not-so-subtle-hints (as in, "Julie, You're such a snob. When are you going to invite me onto your precious blog?"). P.S. I love it. I really do.
Don't think that I made up that way of spelling quincy!! I FOUND A BLOG WHERE THEIR KID WAS ACTUALLY NAMED KWINCEE, it's a girl actually. I love the name Reece, even if you spelled it with a C.
puppy chow is: crispix cereal covered in butter, peanut butter, and chocolate chips annnddd powdered sugar. deliciousness.
update missy?
I hate laundry. Ugh. That little Blog Banter at the end there was so cute... I love listening to kids chit chat!
Also...saw your mom last weekend and she told me all about her assignment to seek me out and hug me! Hopefully you come up here soon and give me one yourself! ;)
My moderation word right now is: "insest". Your blog always gives me the best ones....do you remember the last one I told you about?? lol. just so everyone knows; it was elkpenis. HELLO!
Post a Comment