Thursday, April 10, 2008

Jackson and Cooey

This next post is dedicated to Jackson.  He is such a funny kid and really has great comedic timing.  He can imitate Nacho Libre like nothing else and he is always wanting to do magic tricks.  As you all know from this picture he had made a George Washington hat out of 2 baseball caps.  He really is imaginative and creative.  But sometimes, Jackson is funny without even meaning to be.


Let's rewind to when Jackson was 2 1/2 or 3.  One day I sat down at the kitchen table next to Jackson and he told me I needed to move.  I asked him why and he told me that I was sitting on his monkey, Cooey.  I asked him who Cooey was and he told me it was his friend, he was a monkey and that I was squishing him.  From then on Cooey would come everywhere with us.  He would eat with us, come in the car with us and even sleep on the floor in Jackson's room.  I would even have to tell Cooey goodnight before leaving Jackson's room after tucking him in.  Knowing that imaginary friends are normal for little kids I wasn't worried.  In fact I thought it was really cute, and in a few short weeks Cooey wasn't around anymore.  Since that time though, we've talked about Cooey and told Jackson how his imaginary monkey would go with him everywhere.  Jackson doesn't even remember his days with Cooey, but knows about him from our stories.

Okay, now to 2 days ago.  TJ was out of town all week and so on Monday night I let Natalie sleep with me.  On Tuesday I let Jackson sleep with me.  So I sent everyone to bed but Natalie was sad and didn't want to go to bed all by herself.  Jackson, who shares a room with Brady normally, suggested that she sleep with Brady.  Here is how the conversation went.

J:  Natalie, just tuck in with Brady.  He's fun to sleep with.
N:  No he's not!  He'll bug me and talk to me too much!
J:  (totally seriously)  This is what I do so he doesn't bug me.  I just tell him that I need to roll over to talk to my imaginary friend Cooey.  Then I roll over, pretend to whisper to Cooey, but then I just go to sleep.  It works every time! 

For some reason this totally struck me as funny.  He was so proud of himself for faking out his little brother.  I totally started laughing and asked him if that's what he really does and he started laughing and told me yes.  Then Natalie started to giggle and we all had a good laugh!

10 comments:

Marilee said...

I totally forgot about Cooey! Jack seriously CRACKS! ME! UP!

Jocelyn said...

That is hilarious! I love how he is faking Brady out... and that he said it works every time! HA!!

Lindsay said...

That is so funny! I love that you can totally trick little ones with things as silly as that!

Nicole said...

That is awesome! I'll have to tell Justin that one so he can use ot on Ben!

Bryce and Katie said...

How cute :) Kids always say the cutest things, and I love hearing them tell the story! Nice post.

Bonnie said...

Jackson is so cute! I remember when I met him when he was about 6 months old and he was crawling all over your parents basement. He was the cutest little baby ever and he still has those beautiful eyes! He looks so much like you.

Jocelyn said...

I came back to your blog again today to read this again... it was so funny. Then I was wondering if you think Jackson's trick would work every time on husbands, too?!

Proud Momma said...

that is so funny! I love cute imaginary friends...very smart of him though!

elizabeth, eliza, liza, liz, elles, etc. said...

Oh, I am so glad that we can be blog buddies. Now it is your job to tell regina that i have one (or i guess i could tell her sunday) and tell her to approve me to see it or whatever privacy features she has put up.

Amy said...

Hey Jules, You need to add me to your "good stuff" list or whatever, group so I can, you know, know the good stuff!! Thanks for coming over last night to see MY baby!! Love you!