Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Last Few Weeks

I debated back and forth about whether or not to do a big long entry or several little ones and I think I'll go with the long one.  So WARNING!  Long post ahead

So a few weeks ago TJ decided to shave and keep this little gross-ness on his face!  
So sick and wrong.  YUCK


I wouldn't even let him touch me as long as that was on his face.  It was so creepy, and in true TJ form he kept it for a few days just to bug me.

My kids spring break was last week and I really wanted to go somewhere.  I thought about driving over to Fresno to see Heather, but thought that was too far to drive by myself.  Then I thought I'd go to Denver but then didn't want to ditch TJ for a whole week, especially because he'd been in Boise the entire week before.  Well, wouldn't you know that he called me from Boise and told me that his boss wanted him in Denver the next week!  So on Tuesday we hopped in the car and headed over to Denver for a visit!  It was a lot of fun and a huge thanks you to Lindsay and Colton and LouLou and Papa for letting us stay with them and trash their houses!

Here is a GREAT picture of Brady's bedhead.  It hasn't been this good for a while!


Another view


From the back

On Friday night Lindsay and Marilee's ward had a talent show!  Since Colton was the M.C. and Spencer and Annie were both performing in the show we decided to attend with them.  It was great fun and it was nice to be back in the land where they still have ward activities that people actually attend and participate in.  I thought Colton was a super duper M.C. and Spencer and Annie did awesome with their talents.  

Reecey enjoing the piano numbers.  She would look around trying to find where the pretty music was coming from.


Annie before doing her hip hop dance


This is "Modest Marilee Monroe"  Poor Mar was totally talked into dressing up as Marilyn Monroe since lots of other "stars" like Elvis and the Jonas Brothers were supposed to be there.  As it turned out she was the only "star" who actually showed up.  To make matters worse, the person who talked her into dressing up was supposed to dress up too and then didn't.  Marilee looked fabulous though, and if nothing else she came up with a fantastic Halloween costume!


Brookie, Lindsay, Natalie, Ali, and Madison enjoying the show.


Spencer at the Piano


Colton M.C.'ing.  I don't care if nobody else laughed.  I was thoroughly entertained!

On Saturday morning we headed over to the Pancake House to meet the "Fun Runners" for a little breakfast.  Colton came walking in with Lindsay's pink sunglasses on.  Too funny!
Yes the sunglasses are really pink.

Then on Saturday night we all went out to dinner after the boys golfed.  We met at Earl's and had a delicious meal and good company.  Unfortunately Lindsay's babysitter bailed about 1 hour and a half before dinner and it was too late to find a replacement.  Colton and the other boys came straight from the golf course and Colton hadn't talked to Lindsay so he didn't know the babysitter had crapped out at the last minute.  So poor Colton was without a date at dinner, and poor Lindsay missed dinner all together.  We all missed her very much, especially since it was our last hoorah before we left to go home!  LOVE YOU TWEE!!!


Colton and his imaginary Lindsay


Adam and Mar


Phil (Ali's boyfriend) and Ali


Papa and LouLou

The night we went out to dinner Jackson and Josh were invited to Josh's girlfriend's birthday party.  There was a face painter there and so they came home with matching Bronco faces.  I didn't get a picture of Josh, but he looked just like this!


The front


The side


The other side

And last but not least we had some serious drama at our house on Sunday night when we got home.  Natalie was holding Reece on her lap when Reece launched herself forward.  Natalie didn't have a strong enough hold on her so Reece fell head first into the coffee table, and then onto the floor.  Luckily there was a blanket on the floor, so she didn't crash too badly on the floor but when I got to her, her head was already swollen, with a bruised, dented in mark in the middle of all the puffiness.  TJ was right behind me and grabbed her, ran into the kitchen and immediately started to ice it.  Poor little Natalie was soooooooooo upset and when all was said and done I think she was more traumatized by it then Reecey was.  
Since this was Reecey's first serious bonk we were rather worried and called Marilee and asked her to call her friend Chris, who is a doctor.  By this time Reecey had fallen asleep so Chris told us to wake her up and make sure she was acting normal and being responsive.  (which is exactly what TJ's parents told us to do)  She was fine and I think the icing helped take the swelling down a lot!  So even though this was the first, I'm sure it won't be the last of the head bonks for Reecey!


Close up, a little out of focus


You can barely see the line.  I really do attribute the lack of serious bruising and swelling to the ice!

So that's it for now!

12 comments:

Heather said...

I love it all! TJ's soul patch is so sweet! Poor Reecey.

Jeni said...

POOOR girl! That first bump is always the scariest eh?
I have to tell you that your advise was BY FAR the most useful on Epidural or not. thank you so much! People can be so opinionated and I know alot of things about birth already, hello I have had one baby! Anway, I was mostly concerned about being sick and thought I may try it without just to see.... and so your comment was SUPER helpful! thank you thank you!
By the way, looks like a fun little trip you guys took!

Erin said...

Sounds like a fun week. I love Brady's hair and it's about time Reece had an accident right? I mean she's not cutting her eye open multiple times yet but she's got a couple of years to do that!

Proud Momma said...

So fun...I wish I had family close enough to drive to...the closest is 12 hours:( Reecey is so adorable!

elizabeth, eliza, liza, liz, elles, etc. said...

Poor little Reecey--but she still looks as cute as ever. She is going to be one big heartbreaker.

Monica said...

Wow!you sure have had alot going on enjoyed all your fun photos.

Lindsay said...

That was a fantastic update! I am so glad that you guys came and stayed with us. I was totally bummed that I missed out on Earl's, it was just a stinky night! Reecey's head really isn't so bad, nice work on the ice.

shannon said...

so why do you think flavor savers are gross? i try and talk adam into growing them quite often. and OH MY GOSH...THE BEDHEAD! can we say buzz buzz cut? send him to my house, we're getting ready to get the clippers out for summer buzz cuts!

Bryce and Katie said...

Bryce likes to grow the gross-ness too....I hate it!!! :)

Julie said...

Next time your in Denver call me. We can meet eachother and talk Plainfield stuff! By the way I have eaten at Earls in the dark too!

Marilee said...

Great update Ju! Brady's bedhead should win some kind of award or something! It was AWESOME!!

Jocelyn said...

Fun update! Aren't you so glad to be where you can take a spur of the moment trip so easily? Yay! I hate facial hair too... and I think Ben does just the same thing as TJ by keeping it a few days just to bug me. :) You're right... it's totally gross!