Saturday, February 24, 2007

Boy???? or Girl????

Okay, so, I had my doctor's appointment yesterday and now I have 2 1/2 weeks to go until my ultrasound...here's the deal. As of right now the decision is that we are going to find out the gender of this little munchkin growing inside me. I'd like you all to weigh in on what you think! Before you take a guess, let me give you the facts.
1. Marilee, Heather and I have followed the same gender patterns in our children. Boy, Girl, Boy. Since Marilee is the only one with 4, and her 4th is a boy (boy, girl, boy, boy) it kind of makes you go..."Its a boy" just simply to keep with the pattern. OR...since that's a little too weird to follow the same pattern, especially when its the daddy's contribution that decides the sex of the baby it could kind of make you go..."It must be a girl"
2. Along the same lines of the daddy's contribution deciding the gender, it is interesting to note that TJ has 4 boys and 2 girls in his family. Could most of TJ's swimmers be boys???
3. By the time this baby is born in July, it will have been FOUR years since a girl was born in the Miller family (for those who don't want to put forth the effort to think about it, the youngest girl in the family is Campbell) Since Campbell there have been 6, soon to be SEVEN boys born in the family. Don't you think the odds are that this baby is a girl???
4. If its true that boys generally have a lower heart rate then girls, then this baby is boy since its heart rate was 142 at my last dr's appointment. (Normal heart rate ranges from 120's-170's)
5. With that in mind my boys heart rates were consistently in the low 160's, while Natalie's was always in the low 150's. Hmmmmmm, interesting!
Alright, those are the facts! Everybody is welcome to guess and on March 14th we'll have an answer for ya, so until then........

10 comments:

Marilee said...

ooooohhhhh, does this mean we're finding out at the ultrasound??? FUN FUN!!! I want to be on the phone with you when the ultrasound tech tells you the sex and shows you the "wee wee", Whatever kind it might be!! My guess is a boy, just to follow tradition!! :-) LOVE YOU!!

shannon said...

I am guessing a boy also...and I can't wait to find out. YOU BETTER CALL ME AS SOON AS YOU FIND OUT! and yes, that is a death threat.

Lindsay said...

I'm guessing girl! I just really want you to have another girl, Nannie is so cute! Your boys are cute too, but you've already got two of them! I can't wait to hear!

Erin said...

Matt & I say girl! I agree with Lindsay - Nannie is so adorable that you guys shouldn't keep that kind of girlie cuteness from the world! I think to even it out we need a girl.

Heather said...

Mom says Boy. I'm torn, but I'm gonna go with girl, just because I think a girl would be fun and I want you to have another one as cute as Nannie Rae Rae! Also, considering how you've been feeling I'll go girl! Can't wait to find out! LOVE YOU!!!

Evie B. said...

Oh, please find out! I love knowing. I don't know how people don't - I'd go nuts!

For the record, I say boy. :)

Nicole said...

I want it to be a girl- we are seriously lacking in the girl cousin department- but I think it's gonna be a boy. I hope I'm wrong :)

Heather Palmer said...

Well only because MY boy is being a terror this week I'm going to say that I hope it's a girl. Plus...I agree...your girlie IS SO cute that it seems only right for you to give all those boys out there another cutie girl to fight over!
Girl.

angie j. said...

Girl all the way baby!!

Jocelyn said...

I'm guessing a girl. But I'm just excited that you are going to find out and tell us all! Do you have any names picked out yet... for a boy or a girl? Can't wait to hear the update!