So the other night I had the funniest dream about TJ. Before I get into that though, it is crucial that you're familiar with Fantasy Football in order to understand why my dream was so funny. If you know how it works skip the next paragraph. If you don't, read on...
Fantasy Football works like this...you get in a league, usually with guys you know, and you make up a team name and draft players and stuff like that. So obviously you want the best players on your team, because each week your fantasy players get points that are dependent on how well that same guy played in real life. For example, if Jake Plummer plays really crappy in real life, and TJ has him starting in his fantasy game, then TJ doesn't get a lot of points for him. But if Jake plays AWESOME then TJ gets lots of points. So the point is to make the BEST fantasy teams out of the BEST players in the league so you can win!
Okay, so TJ is in a fantasy league and last week he decided that he was going to pull Jake Plummer from his starting line-up because he was SUCKING so bad and put in Rex Grossman (who is QB for the Chicago Bears) as quarterback for Sunday's fantasy game. So he told me this when he did because he loves the Broncos so much and it was a painful for him to have to pull Jake out of his starting line-up for fantasy. Anyways, so that night I have a dream that TJ's back-up QB for the Bears and its game-day. So everything is going well until Rex Grossman gets hurt and TJ has to go in for him. We're all in the stands freaking out and so excited and he plays really well and the Bears win and blah blah blah. So after the game we go and see him and I'm screaming and his mom's screaming and we're all excited and he's totally bummed out. So I'm like, "What is WRONG with you?" and he's all, "Nothing." And I say, "Dude, you just played the game of your life! You might be the starter now. You freakin won the game! This is your dream come true. Why aren't you happier?" And he says to me, all pissed off, "I'm pissed because I had Rex starting today in my fantasy league and now I won't get any points!" So we're all like WTH? You just played the game of your life, THAT YOU WON IN REAL LIFE, and you're pissed because you're fantasy team isn't gonna win?
And that was it. That was my dream. I think its quite funny but maybe because it was my dream!
Thursday, September 28, 2006
My Most Hilarious Dream (at least to me)
Posted by
Julie
at
11:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
This fantasy football is serious stuff huh? :)
Julie, you are my favorite! You are so funny! But TJ is also my favorite because he is just so freakin' weird! I know it was a dream, but he's still weird!
You're so funny Jules. Maybe you need to stop eating spicy burritos before bed :)
OK I TOTALLY understand and think it is hillarious... Brian does fantasy too and that is huge - I think he would be pissed too!! Funny dream!
HaHa, I love it, that is the coolest dream ever!
Hey, I'm still waiting for you to include a funny picture of TJ with this post. Get on top of it woman!
Julie you are just as funny on your blog as you are in person! Thanks for checking out our blog, and I'll try not to look down on you TOO much for the whole McDonalds thing. I mean, you do have kids as an excuse! Cam and I liked reading the update on your fam, and your cute kids. JB (the other one) and Cam
totally funny!
Lindsay said I needed to read the blog because we saw a commercial with Jake Plummer selling Direct TV yesterday and said it reminded her of the dream. That is funny and I can totally hear TJ saying that after his game!
Julie, HILARIOUS!! And the funniest thing about this dream is that IF TJ really WAS in the NFL and this whole dream thing really happened, and wasn't just a dream, he actually would be pissed about the QB on his team going down, him playing the game of his life, but his fantasy football team loosing! I'm totally laughing hysterically right now about it! Tell TJ I love him!
Post a Comment