Thursday, August 24, 2006

Jack's FIRST Day of FIRST Grade

So yesterday, August 23, was my Jackson's first day of school! I can't believe that he's old enough to be in first grade and be gone ALL DAY! Its really sad that now until forever he'll be gone from me more then he's with me. Aside from my pity party throwing, however, he was so excited to go to school. He was acting goofy and talking weird and kind of giddy and jumpy.

Here he is in front of the house.

A better smile!

Getting on the bus. It just kills me! He's so big now.

I CRY!

Now for those who haven't heard, my mother bribed Jackson with $10 to cut his hair. He's been growing it out since March and even though we've trimmed it down a couple of times it was starting to drive me crazy! My mom could see it was going to turn into a HUGE battle so as the Nana she figured she had the authority to bribe him. She was right...we all ended up happy...I could see my son's face, he was $10 richer and Nana had a great idea that a mother could never get away with!

ps-I don't have pictures because they suprised me and so I'm waiting for Nana to email me the pictures from her camera. I'll blog that great event when I get them!

6 comments:

Heather said...

I so love the hair Jack-Attack! I like that I can see your adorable face. Love you, Auntie heather

Marilee said...

Love Ya Jack and the hair ROCKS!!!

Lindsay said...

I also can't believe how big he is! But you already know, we cry today about babies going to school, and mine is still several years away. I am going to be a disaster!

shannon said...

I can't even believe he's that old...I swear it was only like 3 years ago we were celebrating his first birthday in your apartment at Wymount...fun times! Love ya Jack!

Nicole said...

Love the hair! He looks so grwon up! How's football?

angie j. said...

Oh yes, the new haircut is much better! He's such a handsome future son-in-law...oops I mean handsome boy. :)