Friday, May 26, 2006

Stupid People

So Ang and Shannon will be able to appreciate this little story...I'm at Natalie's dance class this morning and there is this lady there who has a girl in the same class as Natalie. She was waiting there with her son who was playing his GameBoy. Okay, so what's the big deal you ask? This lady's kid had his GameBoy up FULL VOLUME!!!!!!! Like, I allow Jackson to play his GameBoy on airplanes and while we've waited in Dr's offices and stuff but I'm always very conscious of how loud the volume is because I don't want to bug anyone, and its not like I think that makes me a wonderful, caring person I think it just means that I have common sense and I'm not a stupid person. I just happen to know that not everybody appreciates the computerized music of Mario Brothers playing constantly for an hour. But with all that said I need to take into account TJ's theory and where I live--Joce, you'll understand this--people here don't mean to be rude or discourteous (is that even a word?), they are just simple, narrowminded folks who don't know any better!

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Last time we were in Indiana we were at a restaurant and a family was being so loud it was ridiculous. Disciplining their kids in louder than normal voices in the middle of the place. It was uncomfortable and everyone was watching. It was a scene. I remembered this after reading your story. Do people just become totally oblivious to their own kids making noise or do they just not care about making scenes? Do they make headphones for Gameboys? They need to.

shannon said...

And of course, I love this story. You should have pulled out some kleenex and given it to her. When she asks, "What's this for," you can politely respond, "Well since your son's gameboy is deafening, I thought you might want to plug your ears also." I'd pay to see the look on her face with that one.