We were so lucky this year to have 3 weeks of Spring Break fun! No, the kids didn't get 3 weeks off of school but we had visitors for 2 weeks before they did get out of school so we got to party for a long time!
First off, LouLou, Taylor and Josh came to visit from Colorado! It was so fun to have them here and we had a great time hanging out, eating and well, hanging out! Some highlights from their trip were swimming, which I don't have any pictures of, girly lunch at Dear Lizzie and girls night out at PF Changs!
LouLou with her Grandaughters, except Savannah Banana--she was home sleeping! LouLou had 4 boys and 2 girls and now she's got 3 grandsons and 5 grandaughters so she's definitely making up for her lack of daughters. Now we're all waiting on pins and needles to see what flavor of baby Ali and Phil are expecting! We'll find out tomorrow!!!!!
Reecey and her chocolate truffle dessert! YUMMY!
Natalie and our Lemon Bundt Cake. Oh my gravy, this cake was TO! DIE! FOR!
After LouLou and the boys visited Marilee and her kids arrived for a fun filled week! Again, my kids were in school but we still managed to have some good times and one day we pulled them out of school to go to the Carl Bloch exhibit down at BYU, which was really cool!
Then it was off to California for some much needed warmth and sunshine and boy did California deliver! It was soooooooooooooooooo nice! Mar even heated her pool so my kids could swim while her kids were in school (if only all these kids could have spring break at the same time!) The highlights from our trip were me being on TV and meeting Mario Lopez (aka. A.C. Slater) Baja Fresh for lunch, Ben and Jerry's Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream every night, running at sea level and last but not least, Magic Mountain!
JB working up the courage to get 100% wet. At this point the pool was still in the process of being heated so it was still a little chilly!
The kiddo's in the hot tub! I'm not exactly sure what G-Man is up to in this picture! Silly!

Elisa Barton, Me, Julie Franson, Mario Lopez and Marilee after our television debut! We took a girls day to shop at this cool outdoor mall in Hollywood and not 5 minutes into our shopping trip (we hadn't even made it into a story yet) a woman approached us and asked if we watch Dancing With the Stars. We said yes and she asked if Mario could interview us about who we thought should be eliminated next on the show! I told Marilee she had to answer because I would say something stupid so we all sat down on a bench and Mario and Mar had a nice little chat! Then they asked us to be extra's while he taped some more stuff so we hung out behind him and got to chat a little bit more with him in between takes. Turns out he's a super cool guy and was so nice and down to earth! Since my main objective for the day was to meet a celebrity I was a very happy camper!
G-Man, Annie, Natalie, JB, Brady, Logan, Reece and Avery. Spencer was on a field trip but joined us at Magic Mountain when he was done!

Logan and Brady got a bit wet on the water rides.
The Buccaneer. This picture makes me laugh because Brady is all alone in the middle of the boat, while all the kids were at the top on either side! Hilarious!
Sleepy girl at the end of the day!

Me and Janine...so turns out that Janine's mom and dad live about 10 minutes away from Mar and her and her kids went down there for Spring Break too! It just so happened that we planned Magic Mountain the same day so we hung out and had a great time all together. By this time her hubby Cord had arrived and it looked like Sister Wives with him, 3 women and 13 kids! It was hilarious! I really wanted to get a picture with all of us but never got around to it.
Handsome J.B. who is measuring in at 5 ft 5 3/4 inches. Yeah...he's giant!
Maddie (Janine's daughter and Natalie's bestie) and Natalie
After our fun up at Marilee's house we made the trek down to Orange County. Friday night we had a BBQ with Matt and Erin and Daniel and even made fresh lemonade from their lemon tree! It was seriously the best lemonade I've ever had! Then Saturday we hung out with Ryan and Nicole and their kids and then went to the play that Amber was starring in that night!

Natalie and Marin--Marin was part of the chorus and was DARLING!!!!!
Amber, Me and Marin. I was one proud Auntie...let me tell ya! Amber did a WONDERFUL job and now, when she's famous, I'll be able to tell people that I saw her in her first starring role!
All in all it was a fun filled 3 weeks with family! Now I need to deal with my FILTHY house just in time for TJ and I to jet off to Hawaii for much needed WARMTH and much needed R & R!
And as a side note...I can't wait for school to be out! 6 more weeks!!!!!!!!
4 comments:
Spring break=good times! I don't know about you, but I am having a hard time adjusting to normal life after 3 weeks of spring break! Most difficult thing to get back into? Healthy eating! Loved Brady in the middle of the ride, what a silly boy!
Looks like a great and busy 3 weeks!! Bring on the summer!
Soooo glad that we got to spend almost two full weeks with you guys! It was soooooo fun! We miss you!
We had so much fun having you there! Thanks for coming - have fun in Hawaii without me :( If you see our Hawaii 5-0 guys when you are there I will kill you!!
Post a Comment