Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Motivation or Guilt?

Maybe a bit of both! I finally feel like blogging, but I think the feeling is stemming from guilt. Regardless, here I am! Back at it!!!!!!


To begin: Chauncey Billups and the Denver Nuggets

For those who don't know, TJ has a famous friend. His name is Chauncey Billups and he plays basketball for the Denver Nuggets. He and TJ played basketball together when they were teenagers and its fun that even though Chauncey's a HUGE star he is gracious enough to remember an old friend!
So when the Nuggets came into town TJ contacted a good friend (not Chauncey) who works in Marketing for the Nuggets and asked for floor passes to the game. Jeremy hooked him up, called the Nuggets' P.R. guy who was with the team and asked him to tell Chauncey that TJ was at the game that night. After the game TJ and Jackson went down and waited outside the locker room. After a few minutes Chauncey came out and they were able to catch up! Jackson was so excited to meet such an awesome super star and was surprised at how tall Chauncey actually is.


Next up: Hawaii! The picture below is my happy place! The Marriott Resort at Ko'Olina!

Mid-February brought a much needed vacation to Hawaii. We had been thinking about going for a long time but didn't make the final decision until about 6 weeks before we were set to leave. We went with my parents and had a blast doing, well, NOTHING!!!!! It was wonderful! The boys golfed and my mom and I sat by the pool, except one day when we decided to ride along with them at Turtle Bay! It was a fun change from the pool and I always enjoy a good golf ride-along with Teej! Here are some pictures!








Back at the hotel...




And last but not least: Since I've been home...

Its been a pretty rough 4 weeks since I've been home! First we came home to a baby with RSV so right off the bat we didn't really have a chance to recover from the jet-lag before thrown right back into the trenches of parenthood. Poor Reecey was so so sick, poor little girl. A few days after we got home she then got an ear infection. Then Jackson came down with Strep Throat. In between Reece and Jackson I underwent a medical procedure that laid me out for a few days. A few days after that I suffered a "deep bone bruise" verging on a stress fracture on the 3rd metatarsal of my right foot from my training for the Moab 1/2 marathon. I tried hard to power through so I could run in Moab but when all was said and done it just wasn't going to happen! Right in the middle of my foot issues I came down with a major cold, probably the worst cold I've had in years. About 10 days after the onset of that, right around the time I was feeling better, I got another little bug, courtesy of Reecey coming down with the Croup! So as if all this wasn't crazy enough, on my way to the gym last Tuesday I was rear ended at a stop light. It really wasn't anything major but I did have a bit of whiplash! At the current moment I am laying on my couch on a heating pad because I've done something tweaky with my lower back! CRAZY!!!!

I hope I don't sound like I'm complaining, because I'm not meaning to. I realize that its life and am grateful that we're getting our sickness and injuries over and done with for the year! (hopefully)

So that's the update!!!!! I am now re-committing to blogging on a more regular basis!

10 comments:

Bonnie said...

Yay...you're back! But very sad...I'm sorry you had such a rough 4 weeks!
Um...did you pull a picture from our trip to Hawaii? Because you haven't changed a bit...how come you still look like your 17? Not fair!

McKenna said...

The price one must pay for going to Hawaii. :) Nah, I'm only kidding.

That's terrible. I hate being sick and having a round of sick kids only makes it worse. I hope you are all over it now. Glad you are back!

Rachel said...

Oh the Hawaii pics look so nice. I am so jealous, but only about the Hawaii trip. Sorry you and everyone at your house have been sick. Hopefully you done for a while.

Tiffany McGuire said...

Man Julie that is a crazy couple of weeks! I hope that it has since gotten better LOL. Hawaii looks amazing! I am so in need of a vacation myself!

Ali B. said...

Good gracious, that sounds like a rough month with all the sickness and injuries! At least you got a vacation beforehand!

Nicole said...

Well I was about to email you and chastise you for not blogging in so long, but i guess I should just be happy that you are all alive and kicking! :)

Lindsay said...

Yea for Jackson getting to meet Chauncey, how fun! Hawaii looked lovely! I hope all the sickies are gone for good!

Proud Momma said...

Wow...sickness is never fun so sorry!

On another note, I also love Ko olina and it may be my new favourite place!

Nice to hear the update! loves

Monica said...

thanks for the update! what a busy 4 weeks. Hawaii sure looks relaxing and fun. Sorry to hear about not feeling well for Reese. Things will get better soon and we have so nice weather so that should brighten things up a bit.

Our family chaos said...

Holy Cow! Poor thing! This year has been bad for illness. We have had stomach flu's and strep and colds. Its the worst. Hope you are feeling better. Your trip to Hawaii looked so fun and much needed before you all got so sick. Hope your foot is feeling better too!