Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I Got Sucked In!

For Posterity's Sake...100 Random Things about Me!!!


1.  I have 4 kids and no plans to have anymore.
2.  I truly believe it was divine intervention that I got into BYU.
3.  I'm glad I got into BYU since I had the time of my life when I was there.
4.  I HATE spiders.  Big, small, medium...HATE them and refuse to kill them by squishing them.  I'm afraid I'll feel them squish in my fingers, even through the t.p.
5.  When I spot a spider I generally drown it in hairspray, then I'll pick it up in the t.p.
6.  When I'm in the car alone I sometimes pretend I'm Faith Hill or Celine Dion
7.  I know too much about nothing really important.  I'm a fountain of useless knowledge.
8.  I have a really good memory of things that happened years ago.  
9.  I'm not so good at remembering what happened yesterday.
10.  I HATED living in the mid west.
11.  Most of the people in my ward in Plainfield didn't like me, even though they acted like they did.
12.  I LOVED living in Sacramento!
13.  After almost 3 years I still miss it.
14.  I dream of someday living near my sisters.
15.  I LOVE my in-laws.  I seriously wish everyone could have in-laws like mine.
16.  My husband wouldn't have the first clue about how to make a pinewood derby car so we had my mother-in-law send us one of theirs to use.  Will this get us disqualified???
17.  I am giddy about the fact that my own stuff is leaving storage in Illinois and will be delivered here in 1 week!
18.  I can't wait to move into my new house.
19.  I'm so exhausted right now I don't know how I haven't passed out yet.
20.  We're taking our kids to Hawaii for Thanksgiving.
21.  I can't wait to see how much fun my kids will have in Hawaii.
22.  I get to stay for an extra week with my mom and sisters.  Hehehehe.  It makes me giddy just thinking about it.
23.  I need a new swim suit.
24.  My 10 year wedding anniversary is next week.
25.  In 10 years Jackson will be graduating from high school.
26.  I just bought a shopping cart cover off of ebay.
27.  I want a piano.
28.  I'm tending my nephew for a week.  He is HILARIOUS!
29.  I love to travel.
30.  I stalked boys in high school and college.
31.  I don't like to refer to it as stalking.  I like to say we did "drive by's"
32.  I can't wait for the Twilight movie to come out.  Seriously! Can't! Wait!
33.  My hubby still makes me feel twitterpated.
34.  When I was 15 I was riding on the back of a car in a dress and a mean boy who was riding on the back of the car with me tried to lift up my dress, which caused me let go of the car, fall off, and suffer a concussion.
35.  I watch way too much TV.  
36.  The DVR is the best invention ever!
37.  Brady hit a kid at the doctor's office today for no reason
38.  I HATE it when people tell me I have the perfect Christmas Card family.  I feel like they're jinxing me.
39.  I was too chicken to audition for American Idol.  My husband, on the other hand, wasn't.
40.  I'm very opinionated and not a very nice person.
41.  My cute little nephew that I'm watching is calling me mom.  How sweet is that?
42.  We need to get a family picture done.  Shannon, we need to get a family picture done.
43.  I am incredibly jealous of photographers.  I covet their abilities.
44.  I want photoshop so bad!
45.  I love to scrapbook but haven't done it in ages.
46.  I'm about 3 years behind in my scrapbooking.
47.  In the past month I've accidentally busted 2 secrets, not knowing that the secret was a secret because if its a secret why would I know?  Well, both times, the secret was a secret.  Did that make sense????
48.  I'm addicted to web sudoku.  I dream sudoku.  Its driving me crazy.
49.  I love to read.  Anyone out there know of any good books for me until Breaking Dawn comes out?
50.  Wow...I'm really not that interesting.
51.  My most embarrassing moment was when Shane Sutherland pulled my pants down in 3rd grade and my blue silky panties were on display for all to see.
52.  I met one of my best friend's at girls camp when I was 13.  I asked her if I could chop wood with her.
53.  My other best friend lived next door to me in the dorms.  Or did I live next to her????
54.  Someone in my Plainfield Ward asked me if I really hated it there enough to move to Utah.  I said yes.
55.  I'm happy to be in Utah, even though I never in a million years thought I'd ever move back.
56.  3 days a week I have to wake up Reecey from her nap to go pick up Jackson and Natalie from school.
57.  I'm totally addicted to downloading ringtones onto my cell phone.  Almost every one who's important to me has their own personal ring tone.
58.  TJ's had 4 different ringtones in 1 1/2 years.
59.  I've wasted a lot of money buying ringtones.
60.  Cleaning sucks!  I hate doing it but love when its done.
61.  Drycleaning rocks!  My husband's decision to start drycleaning his clothes improved my domestic life.
62.  My favorite sport is Football.  
63.  I love the Denver Broncos.  I know its pitiful and sad and too bad for me.  Maybe someday again we'll be good.
64.  Eating out is one of my favorite things.  No cooking, no cleaning.  Love it!
65.  I make THE BEST sugar cookies.  I'm serious, I do.
66.  I love banana bread but have yet to perfect making it.  Anybody have any good banana bread recipes?
67.  Summer BBQ's are one of my favorite things.  
68.  I'm really really happy that it finally got warm.
69.  It sucks that when it get warms Jackson gets Asthma attacks.
70.  I'm totally stressed right now about how we're gonna get the money to finish our basement.
71.  Shopping for my kids is so much fun.  I would much rather spend money on them then on myself.  Anyone who knows me knows that that is huge since...
72.  I love shopping for myself.
73.  I wish I was a better interior decorator.  Some people have that knack.  I am not one of those people.
74.  I can't decide which David I want to win American Idol.
75.  David Archuleta's performance of "And So It Goes" brought me to tears.
76.  "And So It Goes" is one of my favorite Billy Joel songs.
77.  I don't think I could live without my ipod and itunes.
78.  Even though I LOVE itunes I sometimes wonder what I'm missing out on cause some of my fave songs have never been released on the radio.
79.  My mother's day gift from my hubby was a dock for my ipod.  I LOVE IT!!!!!
80.  I'm going to stop talking about itunes and my ipod now.
81.  In the last 7 years I've been to 1 concert.  
82.  That concert was Tim McGraw and Faith Hill
83.  I REALLY REALLY wanted to go to Bon Jovi
84.  I lied about 1 concert.  I've been to 2.  I went to Phil Vassar at the Sandwich, IL fair last fall.  It was the funnest night I had the whole time I lived in IL.
85.  I want to write a book about common sense parenting.  There are a lot of stupid people out there.
86.  Stupid people bug me.  You know the ones that stop the second they take a step off the escalator?  (if you are one of those people think next time you step off an escalator)
87.  One of my favorite movies is Gladiator.  
88.  Given the chance I would make out with Christian Bale.  I love him
89.  TJ knows I love Christian Bale and is still gonna take me to Batman
90.  Even though I say I would make out with him, I probably wouldn't.  Sometimes I'm all smoke and no fire!
91.  I have a real issue with Cafe Rio.  I used to not, now I do!
92.  I want to hike Mt. Timpanogas this summer.  Anyone wanna come with???
93.  Another one of my favorite movies is Steel Magnolias (right Shannon?)
94.  Another one of my favorite movies is While You Were Sleeping.
95.  Me and TJ hung out with Bill Pullman and his family at the SLC airport one Christmas because all our flights were delayed.  I was FREAKING OUT and left a message for Shannon and Angie about it!
96.  Me and TJ thought the guy who spoke in church on Sunday sounded like Bill Pullman and looked like a Baldwin brother.
97.  My husband and I write notes to each other in church.
98.  I've kissed 9 guys and from what I gather from other people that wasn't a lot.
99.  I love Diet Coke with Lime or Diet Pepsi.  I only like Diet Dr. Pepper at Cafe Rio.
100.  I need to go iron on patches on Jackson's Cub Scout uniform.

There ya have it.  Turns out I'm pretty boring.

I now challenge the rest of you to this little activity!  I bet you're not as boring as me! 

15 comments:

Kacey said...

Listen girl..seriously, you are NOT boring! I found this to be totally entertaining and fun to read. I keep thinking of doing it but I'm scared I won't be able to think of 100 things to write down.

P.S. I hate hate HATE spiders too and I have a super yummy easy banana bread recipe that I use ALL the time for ya! (I'll post it on WKTGS)

shannon said...

okay, my turn:
#22 - hate you. really hate you.
#44 - 2 words: photoshop elements, you can buy it off ebay for like $40 and i'll teach you.
#66 - DUH...i have THE BEST recipe ever. i think i posted it to WKTGS a while back.
#92 - count me out
#94 - "mary mashed 'em"

Monica said...

Wow Julie there are more things about you that I didn't know. I have a good banana bread recipe if you would like it let me know. I also know all about the cub scout badges to put on I just found some stuff at the scout office that really works well.

Jocelyn said...

You are NOT boring! I loved reading all of it! DVR IS the BEST invention ever and spiders are DISGUSTING!! I could comment on more but those two stick out without me having to go back through. :) Wait.. the one about answering "yes" to moving back to Utah... I am right there with you, of course!

Proud Momma said...

That was a great read...how long did it take you? I think I'll do it just so I can see if there are 100 interesting things about me!

Bonnie said...

When did you find the time with 4 children and moving to come up with 100 things about yourself?...you truly are Wonderwoman aren't you!
As for your question about any good books:
Have you read Emily Griffin's novels?...I can't put her books down! "Something Borrowed", "Something Blue", "Baby Proof". And she has a new one that I saw at Costco yesterday...I can't remember the title but I do remember that it was green:) Happy Reading!

elizabeth, eliza, liza, liz, elles, etc. said...

11. Most of the people in my ward in Plainfield didn't like me, even though they acted like they did.

*note: I was not one of those people.
also, this post exhausted me.
I have done drive-bys. I have great stalking capabilities. I'm sure I will explore new avenues of stalking at the y.
P.s. 27 days!

JulieB said...

You always make me laugh! I loved the list...

Nicole said...

How did you have time to write all this?!!! This is the first time since my last post that I've even been on ehte blogs! I don't seem to have enough time to do everything in a day!!!!

Fernandez Family said...

Julie - of all the blogs, for some reason I actually sat to read your 100...and was thoroughly entertained. I could comment on so many, but I won't. I will say that I agree with your sugar cookies. Angie gave me the receipe and I think on average I eat about 80% just by myself. I've had to limit myself to only making them on Valentines Day. And agreed with Christian Bale. He is the one actor I have professed obsession to my husband about.

Lindsay said...

I can't wait for the common sense parenting book, I will buy it! Didn't know you saw Bill Pullman at the airport, you also saw Justin Long at the airport, benember? I will hike Timp with you! I know I had more things to say, but I can't benember!

Heather said...

Yup - I stalk your blog and I bet you would love to know that my most embarassing moment was when you pulled down my gym shorts in junior high. I'm sure you're a much nicer person now though ;)

Anonymous said...

Interesting that "my anniversary is in a week" and "I want a piano" are so close in number.
Julie Jean you are so funny- love this list!
P.S. I hope it wasn't a secret of mine that you told!
P.S.S. Everyone in Illinois hates me except Phil Vasser!

Val said...

I love reading these things! You are NOT boring. I had the hardest time thinking of 100 things about me, but I love reading everyone elses. I'm with you on the common sense parenting!

Jenn said...

Love the 100 post so I am going to have to copy it. Is that ok with you? Great meeting you last night.

Talk to you soon
love Jenn your blog stalker