1. Typically what time do you wake up? I'm perfect so I wake up to work out at 5:30. Then I shower and get ready and make a pancake breakfast for my family. Oh wait, I'm sorry, that's all in the dream world I call my mind! In reality I wake up at about 8:00...just in time to pour the milk in Jackson's cereal and shuttle him out the door!
2. On a good night what time are your kids in bed? If I'm really on top of it they're all in bed by 7:30...much to their dismay of course.
3. How long have you been a mommy? I've been a mommy for 8 years, 3 months, and 23 days.
4. How old were you when you became a mommy? I was 20...almost 21.
5. What is your favorite kids tv show? I love the Suite Life of Zach and Cody, Hannah Montana, Drake and Josh and Backyardigans!
6. What is your least favorite kids tv show? I HATE the Fairly Odd Parents. In fact my kids aren't even allowed to watch it!
7. What is your favorite chore? I don't really LOVE any chore but if I had to choose I'd say dusting and vacuuming. I also enjoy getting all my laundry done in 1 day, but I have to be really really focused to accomplish that!
8. What is your favorite meal to cook? I LOVE to cook Chicken Enchiladas. Well, its not so much loving to cook them but loving to eat them!
9. What is the meal you cook most often? I probably make Beef Dips most often. Super fast, super yummy.
10. What is your kids favorite meal? They all like different things. Jackson loves Chicken and Broccoli Braid, Natalie likes Spaghetti and Brady likes anything.
11. What is your favorite thing your husband does with your kids? That's a tough one cause TJ is an AWESOME dad and I love everything he does with them. He plays with them, snuggles them, talks to them, reads to them. I guess my favorite thing is just that he adores them all!
12. What are 5 things that make you smile when you're being a mom? Hugging my kids, greeting Reecey when she wakes up from sleeps, when sleepy Brady tells me at 3 a.m. that there are monsters under his bed, when Jackson and Natalie get home from school, hearing them laugh together and tell each other that they love each other.
13. If you could take your kids anywhere where would it be? Back to Disneyworld. We had such a fun time last spring and wish we were going again this year.
14. When was the last time you went out without your kids? Well this morning I hit the grocery store without them...what a treat...and socially it was on Friday night when we went out to dinner with Chad and Alaina.
15. What is your favorite past time/activity to do with your kids? We love to go bowling together, go to movies, have family parties, go to Red Robin. I just love when we're all together doing something fun!
16. Name 1 thing you said you'd never do as a mom: I have a laundry list of things I said I'd never do as a mom but that I actually do so it'll be hard to narrow it down...I'd have to go with telling my kids what it means to clean their rooms. For example, I say, 'Jackson, I need you to go clean your room and THAT MEANS make your bed perfectly, close your drawers, pick up your dirty clothes and actually put them INSIDE your laundry basket, etc. etc. My mom always did that and it bugged but hey...look at me now!
17. Name 1 thing you do that your own mom did: see number 16 as only one example. There are many many more. Its just that now I understand why my mom did the things she did...good bad or otherwise!
18. What is your favorite quality that your mom has? There are so many favorite qualities that my mom has but one that sticks out is that growing up my mom was always there to snuggle me when I was little, listen to me when I got older and she always always always waited up for me as a teenager. That was fantastic!
19. What is your favorite kids book? Guess How Much I Love You
20. What is your advice for new moms? I'm with Heather on this one...SLEEP WHEN YOU CAN!
21. What is the scariest or most heartbreaking moment as a mom? I think every mom knows the fear of having a sick or hurt child. But the absolute most heartbreaking thing as a mom is to see your children struggle with something. Last year Jackson struggled with reading and in baseball and seeing him go through those challenges literally made my heart ache.
22. What is your most joyful moment of being a mom? Everything...even the really annoying, frustrating, exhausting things eventually bring joy, even if its when the kids are in bed at the end of a looooooooooonnnnngggggggggg day!
23. When was the last time you were told 'I Love You' by one of your kids? 2 seconds ago when Jackson left to go to a friends house.
24. When was the last time you told one of your kids 'I Love You'? 2 seconds ago when I said it back to Jackson! I'm a lucky mommy!
NOW ALL OF YOU MOMMY'S OUT THERE...TAG, YOU'RE IT!
8 comments:
You are such a cute mom with such cute kiddos! The 5:30am comment totally made me laugh. I really liked this tag about being a Mom so I am totally gonna do it. (And I love the new addition of your Breaking Dawn countdown timer!!)
Question: How in the world did you get Jackson to make broccoli his favorite food? Pleeease share your secret with me!
Hey Julie, you should email me your beef dips recipe....kateanator@gmail.com
I'm always on the lookout for easy stuff! Thanks :)
Too cute, you are a good mommy, I'll have to do this one later!
That was such a fun post to read! Now I would like some recipes... what is Chicken and Broccoli Braid? Sounds good! And I also am not sure what beef dips are... and those sound good too! Is it weird that I don't know these foods? I hope not. I would really like to know though.
I knew you were joking on #1 right away...I know you don't get ready Julie...do any of us? Let's be honest now!
That was so adorable! You are a great little mommy, even if you don't get all of your laundry done in one day! Who does?! I love that Brady has monsters under his bed, he is such a nut!
Ok, so there is hope! I have been so scared about parenting because all of those 'reponsibilty things' that I am NOT ready for, but at least I know that when it is time it can be a great experiance. I only wish that I could have as cute of a family as yours.
You are a great example.
I loved your number 1 answer. Madi starts school next year and I think that is how it's going to work...
Post a Comment