Monday, April 09, 2007

Heather's Visit/Easter

So I know a lot of you have already looked at Heather's blog, so I apologize in advance for any duplicate pictures, stories, videos (eg. TJ spinning on our island...too funny not to post again).
Okay, so it was so fun to have Heather at my house with her kids. We haven't seen each other since last July so it had been a looooong time, especially since I don't think we've ever gone that long without seeing each other. It was also that much more fun since I've only met Joshie 1 time, last July! So it was good to see them.
We started the week off at the Zoo. We sent Jackson to school, which sounds mean to take off on him to the zoo, but he had just been there the week before spring break, so I didn't feel too bad about it. The zoo was a lot of fun, and Brady loved all the animals, especially the Gorillas and the Giraffes, which by the way is what he is saying he saw in the video at the bowling alley. Then the next day we kept Jack home and headed off to the bowling alley, which is always a great time with 6 children under the age of 7! Wednesday TJ took the kiddos to a movie while Heather and I stayed home and cleaned up the mess that had accumulated over the first few days. Then after that we just kind of vegged until Saturday, which was CRAZY! Jack had basketball camp, I had to take food over to the church for a funeral and all the while Heather was at home preparing our lovely Easter dinner of Hamburgers and cheesy potatoes. (Neither of us wanted a Ham so we opted for "Ham"burgers instead. hehehe) After dinner, we got Joshie and Brady to bed and did the Easter Egg coloring thing with the older 4 kids. Then we sent them off to bed and Heather and I settled down to watch "The Holiday." (Great movie btw, for those who haven't seen it. Oh yeah, Jude Law is a hotpants!) Sunday morning the kids got up, hunted for eggs, got ready for church, got pictures done and headed off to church. Of course the pictures of the kids in their Easter Best aren't the greatest but you have to do it for posterity! Anyways, after Sacrament meeting we took Heather and the kids to the airport and other then Brookie having a fever, which Heather found out was caused by strep throat, she had a pretty uneventful trip home!
So there is the rundown of the last week. A huge shout out to Heather for coming...it is not easy to fly across the country with 3 kids by yourself. I love you Heath, and miss you already. And luckily this time when we said goodbye we know when we're gonna see each other again...at Grandma's 80th birthday bash in June! (If I'm allowed to fly there in my big, huge pregnant state!)



9 comments:

shannon said...

thank you for a post finally! i love the montage, and the video footage is awesome. the kids look so darling and happy, what a fun trip for the both of you!

Lindsay said...

Very cute video! TJ is most awesome and Brady looks so much bigger, even since I last saw him in February. I also especially love the cheesy shots of Jackson and Brady. I wish I knew how to put video on my blog, I'm too lame, I don't know how!

Jeni said...

Cute cousins! They look like they have so much fun together!
And about the Holiday... wern't you so scared that Jude was a jerk there for a sec? and then it just gets SOO CUTE! I love that movie! The boys are all so handsome and the girls look so cute in their dresses. They all look so grown up!

Marilee said...

Sooooo cute! Like I said on Heath's blog, I'm suffering from the "I hate missing out when my sisters are together syndrome" or rather IHMOWMSATS. You guys look like you had loads of fun! The kids outfits were adorable for Easter!! Glad you got to be together! Oh yeah and TJ is HYSTERICAL!!!

Heather said...

I love you and I miss you! I love the pics of Joshy in his Easter Get up. I'll need copies of those for sure. I am heading to the Dr. in about 1 hour for me. I have a big white spot on my tonsel! So I guess that makes 3 of us with Strep, tell Jack I love him! what would a get together be without someone being sick.

Proud Momma said...

I love how all the pictures of natalie she dips her head like a little sweet girl! Cute cousins...Brady looks like a little rascal...he reminds me of my Brayden!

Nicole said...

I was thinking how funny Brady is and then I saw TJ- it's fairly obvious the apple does not fall far from the tree!!!! I lov the pic of Natalie- could she be more beautiful? Jackson's smile is awesome- baby teeth, big teeth growing in- all different sizes! It looks like the whole thing was such fun. How is Jack's strep throat?

Erin said...

I think that my favorite picture is of you and Natalie. She's soooo gorgeous! The easter outfits are way cute too. Brady's so big - and of course adorable. We missed you all in Colorado though...

angie j. said...

Brady freakin' cracks me up. I swear that kid is hilarious. Thanks for the fun photos. I'm glad you had a good time with Heather. Sisters are the best.