Tuesday, June 30, 2009

FLEXIBILITY

I promised in my last post that I would post about upcoming summer events such as Ali's Wedding. Due to unforeseen circumstances Ali and Phil's wedding was put on hold, indefinitely. Hopefully we'll be able to celebrate their wedding with them in the near future and we love them both!

Sooooooooo, since there was to be no wedding we all had to be a little bit flexible in our June plans. Most of the extended Brinkerhoff family travel plans remained the same and instead of being crazy busy with a wedding we just hung out and chilled out!

Torrey, LouLou, Josh, Taylor, Ali, Lindsay, Madison and Brooklyn made the trek out to Utah on June 17th. We had such a fun time shopping, eating out, going to the park, eating out, hanging out, eating out and watching movies. Oh wait...did I mention eating out? We did A LOT of that!!!! Unfortunately we didn't end up doing a mini-family reunion at Seven Peaks but were able to see some extended family at a BBQ. I was stupid and left my camera at home for that though. : (

Brookie and Reecey are such cute girls together. For only being 2 they interact with each other a ton! "Bookie?" was the first thing out of Reece's mouth when she would wake up from her nap and "Weethy" was the first thing out of Brookie's mouth when she would wake up from her nap! They're so cute and already such good little friends!

Pretending to be asleep in the swing.

Natalie in the tower.

Reecey pretending to be asleep in the swing. Silly Girl.

TJ and Lindsay. For those who don't know Lindsay, trust me when I tell you she is the female version of TJ!!!! She honestly is one of my most favorite people in the world! I think I've said that before though.


A few days after the Brinks left Utah we headed out to Denver! Let me just tell ya that I LOVE Denver in the summer. My in-laws live in the foothills and have a front and back patio. One of my favorite things to do is to sit on the patio, front or back...doesn't matter, and watch the kids play!

This picture doesn't do Reece's hair justice. It was crazy after her nap though!


Brooklyn, my nephew Daniel and Reecey. This was the best I got of the 3 of them together!


Danielsen. He is seriously so funny. He has the most animated facial expressions EVER and you for sure know where you stand with him. What a goose!


J.B.


The Golfers. TJ, Matt and Papa getting some grub after surviving a "tornado" out on the golf course.
disclaimer...it very well could have been a "tornado" I wasn't there so I don't know!


Tired little boys crashed out on the couch! Don't worry, we moved them!


Tired little girl passed out upside down on the love sac!

One of my favorite things in the world is to go to Water Parks. Denver has Water World USA which is always ranked high for best water parks in the country. TJ and I hadn't been to Water World since we were first married and are always sad when the Denver family has Water World days. So this year we made sure Water World Day happened when we were there! I'm sure there'll be another, but at least we got to go to one this year!!!!


Pretty Girl, who also LOVES water parks!

Taylor and Johnny! Johnny is TJ's uncle and we're so glad that he came to rage with us at Water World. We so missed Sky and Patty! : (

On our way! Annie, G-man and Madison! A HUGE shout-out to Mar who stayed home with Brooklyn and Reece. Mar is 8 months preggers and was the best babysitter, despite her sadness in not being able to come. Next year Mar!!!!!


LouLou!


Phil and Ali. These 2 are SMITTEN!


And what would fun in the sun be with out a famous TJ Towel Tent!


Brady and Madison! I think they were showing Dorito hands!

So all week long the forecast in Denver said it was supposed to have afternoon thunder storms. So all week long we were praying, and having the kids pray that the weather would be good enough for us to RAGE all day at the Water World. What happened was a miracle!!! A Water World Miracle to be exact, as Lindsay put it. There literally was not a cloud in the sky for most of the day and we were able to rage in the heat and enjoy our time with each other from 10-6! Oh Good Times!!!!

A Shout Out to all my Family who made these last 2 weeks so much fun. I'm so glad we live so much closer!
A Shout Out to Ali and Phil...we love you and hang in there!

7 comments:

Amy said...

Fun, fun , fun!!!! So do we get to play now??

Wishing for the West Coast said...

You guys sound like you are having an awesome summer. I wish we lived closer. I'm still praying that an opportunity is just around the corner :)

Jeni said...

what a fun summer so far!! I love water parks, SO FUN! And thapicture of the boys passed out? SO cute!

Marilee said...

Still so sad I couldn't go to Water World, BUT, have to admit I had such a fun time with those two goosey little 2 year old girls! They are sooooo cute to talk to and listen to!

Proud Momma said...

I also LOVE water parks as does my family! Maybe we'll have to make a trip out to Denver one day and check it out! I've always wanted to go there anyway!

Lindsay said...

Such good times! It was seriously the best week and a half ever! We love you and can't wait to see you soon!

The Buhrley Bunch said...

By my estimation, you've had a summer's worth of fun already. You're done. And thank you, so so much, for making me a little homesick for Denver. Dang you :)