Friday, November 30, 2007

Turkey Day Weedend

So over a week later here I am doing a quick update about our Thanksgiving! We had such a fabulous time with the Christofferson's (my sister Marilee's family). They arrived late Tuesday night and on Wednesday we woke up, had yummy breakfast casserole and then Mar and I took off to run some errands. We then met the guys and the kids for bowling and then we went and had authentic Chicago deep dish pizza at a place called Lou Malnati's! It was delish! Then Thursday our friends Chad and Alaina and their 2 girls came over and we had a fun day of cooking, playing, chatting and finally EATING!!!! The dinner was so yummers and we had a great time. Friday we were gonna go downtown but figured it would be a zoo so we went and saw Enchanted instead. It was such a super good movie. Then we went to Red Robin for dinner (of course we did) We had good intentions to go into the city on Saturday but after we polled the kids it was decided that we wouldn't go. Instead we took the kids to Benihana's, which they absolutely LOVED, and to a super nice mall to walk around. The mall didn't last too long due to cranky children but we had fun anyways. That night TJ and Adam headed out to see a crappy horror flick, and Mar, Alaina and I headed out to see a fantastic chick flick...Dan in Real Life. If you haven't seen it I HIGHLY recommend it! Sunday we went to church and came home to watch the Bronco's game. They played the Bears and since we dislike all things Chicago the loss to the Bears stung that much more. Monday mornig Mar and Adam left super early and we were all left feeling very melancholy and blue that our fun weekend was over. We will see them at Christmas though, so we can't feel too bad.


Annie and Jack before Thanksgiving Dinner

Don't ask


Logan and Reecey having a snuggle.


G-Man and Reecey. Her patience was up, however, due to her lengthy snuggle with Logan

Me and Brady at Benihana's

The bigger kids at Benihana's. They all felt very cool cause they got their own table.

The tree at the mall with all the kids, except Reece,

G-man and Brady. Handsome boys!

My kids before Church. They all looked so nice!

So that's about it. I just realized I have no pictures of Spencer. Sorry about that. Its not cause I don't love him!
Thanks to the Christofferson's for making the trek out here. It was very much appreciated and we miss you soooooooooooooooooooo much!

8 comments:

Proud Momma said...

so fun to be with family! What are your plans for christmas?

Lindsay said...

That sounds like a fun filled week! We are also so glad that you will be here for Christmas, yea!

Kacey said...

I'm glad you had such a great Thanksgiving holiday with family! Sounds like a blast!

angie j. said...

i just love all your kiddies. brady so cracks me up. i love that kid! so glad you had family and fun - you needed it!

shannon said...

so fun! all the kids are darling and i am with ang...that photo of Brady is HILARIOUS! i am glad you got to spend the holiday with your sista!

Marilee said...

Great post Ju! It was soooo much fun to be with you. I wish we could be together all the time! The kids have so much fun together, but really, nothing compared to how much fun we have! All I need to say is "business time" and all laughing moments come flooding back to memeory:-) We love and miss you too and can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Anonymous said...

Nice weekend! I spent mine with my mother-in-law! Oh well, Christmas will make up for it! Guitar Hero III rules!

Jocelyn said...

That Brady cracks me up so much! I don't know what is funnier to me... him putting the fork and spoon on his face or you saying "Don't ask". Your commentary is always so funny!